CBR1100XX.org Forum

D205 MILEAGE?

TIM

Front: mine has ~4500 and notalbe cupping. Wondering what kind of mileage you are getting out of the D205 front?

Thinking of replacing with Mich Pilot Road and wondering how much of the D205 I'll be throwing away... :roll:

:lol:

any opinions on the MPR? I have a Mich macadam 100x on the back which I like a lot.....

It will go around 9k miles on average it seems. However, if I bought a new XX today, I'd remove the 205 the second I got it. They are such crap. And after 5k was when I noticed they were cupped and even worse-handling.

It will go around 9k miles on average it seems.  However, if I bought a new XX today, I'd remove the 205 the second I got it.  They are such crap.  And after 5k was when I noticed they were cupped and even worse-handling.

Precisely what I did---anyone want a brand new set of 205s ???

ON THE LAST SET I GOT 5883 MILES OUT OF THEM. I JUST SPOONED ON A SET OF AVON 45/46 COMBOS AND THERE IS NO COMPARISON TO THE 205'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE AVONS ARE MUCH SMOOTHER, BETTER TRACTION AND GIVE A BETTER RIDE. I JUST HAVE TO SEE HOW MUCH MILEAGE I GET OUT OF THEM.

who has experience both brands and what are the difference, cause the M1 are really good tires.

I've ridden other bikes with the M1 (Moto Guzzi Scurra, MV Agusta F4s, Hayabusa). They are great tires also, just don't have the mileage of the Avons. The guy who owns the Scurra and MV won't run them again because of that. Even on a light/low-power bike like the Scurra I think he said he wasn't expecting to get 4k on the rear. The handling is not all that different from the Avons; light, neutral. I could not really test traction limits on someone else's bike.

I got 4500 out of my 205's. The back showed cord on the way back from a 180 mile trip. That annoyed me.....a lot.

The front was badly cupped and was IMHO shot.

I just tried out the Avons today. This is my third thread response to say these tires are fantastic. I would recommend that you not try and get all the life out of a set of 205's, you don't know what you're missing by not having better tires.

Maybe 205's are Honda's way of saying "take a year, ride easy, break Her in slowly".