CBR1100XX.org Forum

Another Power Commander III USB question?

Obby

In theory Powercommander could make a PC3 for a 1999/2000 model, but since they sell so little they won't bother....

Meant to put it up there^ :icon_wink:

I've been in email correspondence with the tech support sales manager at Dynojet/Powercommander.com. After some checking, he said that the Power Commander III USB model #113-411 will work on '01-'06 Blackbirds. Anybody here know that to be accurate? I read many threads here that only the PCII will work on the '98-'01's.

113-411

Thanks in advace,

Obby

i use the 113-410 on my o2xx. works fine. plugged right in and can do adjustments while it is running with my laptop. i have an issue though with going rich and staying rich untill i turn the bike off and on once, but only after i have run boost for a few seconds.

I've been in email correspondence with the tech support sales manager at Dynojet/Powercommander.com. After some checking, he said that the Power Commander III USB model #113-411 will work on '01-'06 Blackbirds. Anybody here know that to be accurate? I read many threads here that only the PCII will work on the '98-'01's.

113-411

Thanks in advace,

Obby

i use the 113-410 on my o2xx. works fine. plugged right in and can do adjustments while it is running with my laptop. i have an issue though with going rich and staying rich untill i turn the bike off and on once, but only after i have run boost for a few seconds.

Thanks, but the 01 is apparently a different setup than the 02. Still trying to find a PCIIIUSB for the '01.

Oh and to add that the PCIII for the 99-00 connects at each injector, MAP sensor, TPS, and of course at the battery.

It is USB and functions in the exact same way that other PCIII's function in regards to adding maps.

Hope this clears it up some.

And yes Helvet they are making it and apparently they think there are enough Birds out there they might actually even make some money. :icon_razz:

So does this make the install much more complicated than just jumping between the ECU plugs? Great news though! Thanks for 'sacrificing' yourself for it!!!

Has it changed the bike for you?

So does this make the install much more complicated than just jumping between the ECU plugs? Great news though! Thanks for 'sacrificing' yourself for it!!!

Has it changed the bike for you?

As far as the install it's a little more difficult to install because you have to get under the fuel tank to be able reach each injector, and the other points it ties into are under there but thats about it.

Not any more difficult than changing your own plugs.

Changed the bike?

Yes :icon_smile:

I was in Vegas for the install and the temps were in the high 90's when I first got the chance to test it out.

At the time I didn't notice any major difference over stock maybe due to the higher temps.

But when I got to cooler temps closer to home I felt there was an overall improvement in throttle response and felt "seat of the pant's" stronger/faster imo.

First let me start off by saying I know nothing about power comanders. But my son and I are in teh process of buying an 01 Canadian XX, the owner told me Dyno jet did not make a power comander for this bike, I think it was something to do with the plugs? well he rode his bike to Dyno Jet and they used his bike to come up with the power comander for teh 01XX, they said they were waiting for a test bike to make one? then they tuned it or remapped it? and dynoed it at 139 RWHP, maybe this is all wrong but here is the shot of the comander on the bike.

IPB Image

well he rode his bike to Dyno Jet and they used his bike to come up with the power comander for teh 01XX, they said they were waiting for a test bike to make one? then they tuned it or remapped it? and dynoed it at 139 RWHP, maybe this is all wrong but here is the shot of the comander on the bike.

Not wrong at all that's how my 00 got done, they needed it for the R&D for the 99's and 00's. :icon_wink:

I downloaded the Erion racing full system map for my '03 with full yosh system and i noticed a significant differance.

I have the custom 4-1-2 header and D&D slip-ons on my '02. I used the full-system Yosh RS3 map and it seems to be pretty good. Good enough to last me until I can get it on a dyno and tune it properly, at least.

• 5 weeks later...

Just got the PC 3usb for my '99, didn't have a map on it, looked through the CD-nothing. Anyone know where to get a map for a 99 with the PC3? I am half tempted just to get it down to a tuning center due to the cams, exhaust, and intake I put on. :icon_evil:

Just got the PC 3usb for my '99, didn't have a map on it, looked through the CD-nothing. Anyone know where to get a map for a 99 with the PC3? I am half tempted just to get it down to a tuning center due to the cams, exhaust, and intake I put on. :icon_evil:

:icon_bs:

Obby,

Keep us up to speed with this one. I too have an 01' ( non Cali ) that desperately needs a PC, an I'd prefer a PCIII VS a PCII from all the headaches I have heard about the PCII's. It sounds like some bullpoopy though that you'd need to interface at each injector, the MAP sensor, and the TPS. I have never heard of an offset computer needing to be connected in that fashion. It would make more sense to me that the connection point would be right between the ECU and the harness. ANyway, let the rest of us know what you find.

Adam

:icon_think: After a lengthly call to them this week inquiring about the pcIII version they finally admitted it would not do much if any help above 5000 rpm, a "Possible 1 - 3 HP GAIN". It's only gonna help in the low range, downshifting cures that doesn't it?

:icon_think: After a lengthly call to them this week inquiring about the pcIII version they finally admitted it would not do much if any help above 5000 rpm, a "Possible 1 - 3 HP GAIN". It's only gonna help in the low range, downshifting cures that doesn't it?

:icon_liar:

depending on what map or having a custom map is used.

It improves throttle response and depending on your setup will help in more ways.

Stock you won't see much gain, but if your running a full exhaust and all that happy shit you will see bigger improvments..

Why do you need a PC? thought you have a "ringer" that has 250HP and does 200mph in 3rd gear.. :icon_rolleyes:

It improves throttle response and depending on your setup will help in more ways.

Stock you won't see much gain, but if your running a full exhaust and all that happy shit you will see bigger improvments..

Why do you need a PC? thought you have a "ringer" that has 250HP and does 200mph in 3rd gear.. :icon_rolleyes:

Dude. honestly. He's got to shift into 4th for anything above 190... duh!

All I want to see is a before and after dyno chart after the installation, if the manufacturer won't supply me with one then I guess they have a good reason. If I manufactured something for an XX and advertised improved performance I would put it on paper to prove it, that would help sell the product don't you think?

:icon_wall: They told me this week "They Don't Have A Dyno Chart For An XX".................so this makes me think................is this just another gadget for those with money to burn or are they too lazy to downshift?...

If they showed me a dyno with a 3 - 5hp overall increase maybe I would buy one. I have plenty bottom end for my style of riding, there's no twisty's or hill's down here, long flat roads!!!!! They said it would not increase my top end any................... :icon_neutral:

All I want to see is a before and after dyno chart after the installation, if the manufacturer won't supply me with one then I guess they have a good reason. If I manufactured something for an XX and advertised improved performance I would put it on paper to prove it, that would help sell the product don't you think?

:icon_wall: They told me this week "They Don't Have A Dyno Chart For An XX".................so this makes me think................is this just another gadget for those with money to burn or are they too lazy to downshift?...

If they showed me a dyno with a 3 - 5hp overall increase maybe I would buy one. I have plenty bottom end for my style of riding, there's no twisty's or hill's down here, long flat roads!!!!! They said it would not increase my top end any................... :icon_neutral:

I have one and yes you will see that gain, I don't have a copy of my dyno sheets but I was there and saw the before and after runs.

There aren't huge gains made with a PC on the XX thats because the fuel mapping is pretty damn good from the factory.

There are big gains made on other models due to the poorer factory mapping.

I have one and yes you will see that gain, I don't have a copy of my dyno sheets but I was there and saw the before and after runs.

There aren't huge gains made with a PC on the XX thats because the fuel mapping is pretty damn good from the factory.

There are big gains made on other models due to the poorer factory mapping.

Thank you! How much horsepower gain did you see? Possible 1-3 like they told me?

Thank you! How much horsepower gain did you see? Possible 1-3 like they told me?

More like 4-5 hp.

I prolly wouldn't have paid for one with those kind of numbers but I was fortunate and got it for free.

Obby,

Keep us up to speed with this one. I too have an 01' ( non Cali ) that desperately needs a PC, an I'd prefer a PCIII VS a PCII from all the headaches I have heard about the PCII's. It sounds like some bullpoopy though that you'd need to interface at each injector, the MAP sensor, and the TPS. I have never heard of an offset computer needing to be connected in that fashion. It would make more sense to me that the connection point would be right between the ECU and the harness. ANyway, let the rest of us know what you find.

Adam

The correct PCIIIUSB is part # 113-411. It connects to the wiring harness on under the tank on the left side righ t by the fuel rail. I can't give you any #'s about performance as the one I bought off the asshat on Ebay doesn't work :icon_slap: . Lesson learned the hard way again :icon_banghead: .

Obby,

Adam

The correct PCIIIUSB is part # 113-411. It connects to the wiring harness on under the tank on the left side righ t by the fuel rail. I can't give you any #'s about performance as the one I bought off the asshat on Ebay doesn't work :icon_slap: . Lesson learned the hard way again :icon_banghead: .

113-411. Thank you Sir. Right after I do chain/sprockets/slip on's and have an extra $300+ kicking around,,,,,,,, I'll be buying one!

IPB Image

This is a stock dyno run from mine, temps were in the mid 90's that day so not the best of conditions, got a small 4-5 hp boost from the PCIII in those conditions.

Got it home where its much cooler and it felt noticeably stonger with better throttle response.

Flat spot at 5K is gone, if I had to guess I'm in the mid 130's for HP and thats about it.

K&N and Yosh slip-ons are the other goodies in the package.

Sorry bout the crappy dyno sheet don't know why its so small.

IPB Image

This is a stock dyno run from mine, temps were in the mid 90's that day so not the best of conditions, got a small 4-5 hp boost from the PCIII in those conditions.

Got it home where its much cooler and it felt noticeably stonger with better throttle response.

Flat spot at 5K is gone, if I had to guess I'm in the mid 130's for HP and thats about it.

K&N and Yosh slip-ons are the other goodies in the package.

Sorry bout the crappy dyno sheet don't know why its so small.

IPB Image

Here's mine. See the big drop off at 9K RPM? That's where it goes lean.

Here's mine. See the big drop off at 9K RPM? That's where it goes lean.

Dang thats kind big. :icon_eek:

Is that a stock set-up run?

Wish I had my "after" run, maybe I will have to get one done here locally where its not 100 friggen degrees.. :icon_lol: