CBR1100XX.org Forum

Group buy on HID

StPeteXX

CBRRIDER :

The seller just send me an email saying the color rod of the bulb must face downwards..

That just a correct position. The rod is to absorb UV.

That is the biggest load of poop I have heard about this subject. The wire is indulated because it's a HIGH VOLTAGE lamp capsule. It does nothing for UV. Besides , the lamp only fits in one way into the housing, and that's for correct photometrics / lens orientation.

Guest rockmeupto125

I'm trying to figure out how in hell you guys can put your H7 bulbs in more than one way. What size hammer are you using?

And on a positive note, my new garage lighting system should be here today..... :D

I'm trying to figure out how in hell you guys can put your H7 bulbs in more than one way.  What size hammer are you using?

And on a positive note, my new garage lighting system should be here today..... :D

The "real" H7 Halogen bulbs only have the one cutout so that way has to be on top... but the HID H7 has one on each side of the bulb, so it can go one of 2 ways...

Mike

The seller didn't include a manual intentionally to avoid confusion during installation for motorbike as it is slightly different than automobile.

But it is pretty much straight forward installation. I did mine in 30 mins and did my 2nd kit less than 15 mins.

I am thinking to get my 3rd kit from the seller, if happens, this will be my 3rd purchase in 7 days. :lol:

Got mine today too. The wonderful thing about "signature waiver" for a home based business is that you don't have to sign diddley squat to get your NEXT DAY AIR INTERNATIONALS! I can't believe that this guy is springing for next day air like that. He must be making a KILLING even at 185 a set shipped. Perhaps the next board member who goes to Hong Kong could pick up a few (hundred) hid kits and sell them to all of us non-fliers. Maybe pick up a few R34 Nissan Skyline GTR's (hundred or so) and sell them for $60,000 profit like Motorex in California does :lol:

Oh, BTW, who wants to fly down here and put my bulbs in? I kinda have to have my hands functional for work :shock:

Got mine today! :D :D :D

Got the low beam done, and just did a little comparo between the stock high beam and the new HID low beam. Holy f'ing crap. The stock H7 now looks like a puny little yellow candle. The HID is so bright and the color is pure white, just the slightest tint of blue. Looks awesome! Can't wait to take it to work tonight. :D :D :D The bike itself just looks better with the pure white light coming from it. I'm :D :D :D.

THANKS FOR THE GROUP BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Later,

update, got both beams in and made the 60 mile commute to work in the dark. Well it was dark everywhere except in front of my bike which might as well have been daylight.

The scary thing is I have never seen so many fucking deer in the woods in my life. Little brown bastards.

HID == :D :D :D

Got mine today! :D :D :D

Got the low beam done, and just did a little comparo between the stock high beam and the new HID low beam. Holy f'ing crap. The stock H7 now looks like a puny little yellow candle. The HID is so bright and the color is pure white, just the slightest tint of blue. Looks awesome! Can't wait to take it to work tonight. :D :D :D The bike itself just looks better with the pure white light coming from it. I'm :D :D :D.

THANKS FOR THE GROUP BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Later,

What temp bulb did you order???

I just bought the 3rd set from this seller in 7 days. I am bringing HID to my whole family.

Last nite, my dad said to me after he came around the corner, "I saw one son of a gun riding a bike just like you right behind me with a frecking bright bright light" I think he frecked out. I didn't tell him it was me behind him.

BTW, if the value is higher than $80 or something, we will end up paying tax, plus, you don't pay tax for a warranty replacment item. It is really nice of him.