CBR1100XX.org Forum

5 Star Shine Wax

Squeezer

I came accross this recently in my quest for the perfect wax for the perfect bike (ok.....and perfect truck too).

http://www.5starshine.com/

Has anyone here ever used this stuff? It sounds plausible....PTFE in an ionized wax does sound like it would be a great barrier against the elements. But the almost 100$ price makes me wonder if it's just another scam.

I wrote the retailers, they got back to me within hours.

Thanks in advance for any info on this product.

Anything with PTFE is a scam. Dupont stopped selling Teflon to people like this because even they said it's just a scam; it can't work when applied this way.

Crystal Glo bike polish is the best thing I've found. Amazingly slick polymer coating. Their bike wash even removes Chain Wax. Highly recommended. See the reviews section of the site for links.

I've never used Crystal Glo, so I can't comment on that...

I have used just about EVERY kind of wax known to man.

Zymol to turtle wax.

I use to have a car detailing business in college, so I've done A LOT of waxing.

I recently used McGuiars (spelling?) for the first time. It is BY FAR the best I've ever used. BY FAR. Easy off, but it LASTS much better than others I have used.

Superb Shine...

Like I said, haven't tried Crystal Glo though... Maybe give that a shot next.

Thanks guys!

Gawd I love how if ya ask a question here, ya learn. Fast and easy too.

I also like the 100 "wax job" offer, but man, my wife is the jealous type!

I have not used Crystal Glow (yet... it's next in the Wax Quest). I have used Meguiars and like that very much. Although, Meguiars makes several waxes and their clear coat wax seems no different from their three step process wax which seems no different from their carnauba wax. Still, though, they do shine and last.

Again, thanks for the useful info and experience.

I like Crystal Glow, but it's a pain in the ass to get since there are no local suppliers in my area. It is easy to order, but I tend to procrastinate until I need something. :oops: Then I'm too impatient to wait for the delivery.

Nik, Crystal Glo is made in Canada. Any dealer or northman.

Which Meguiar's do you like?????

I love the Crystal Glo myself. I have to get more. Nik, you see adds for it in the bike mags.

I'll have to look at my tub of McGuiars and see what it is Don.

I think its the liquid glass? But I'm just guessing.

It is paste wax that comes in the tub.

I'll be in Canada for 9 days - leaving in a few weeks. I'll have to pick up some Crystal Glo and try it out. Especially if it is that hard to find.