CBR1100XX.org Forum

Speedo error

Master Betty

Hey guys, gals,

I've seen a few posts that mention speedometer error. Is there a good rule for error (i.e. -10% of indicated speed) or does it vary much from bike to bike?

Hate the idea of being followed by a cop in a 55 and not know if I'm going 45 or 65, but more importantly I want to know if I was really going 170 yesterday... :cool:

I really need to dump some more cash out to get that Yellow Box thinger.

Cheers :cheers:

MB

Jim's blackbox works well and very easy to install. With one tooth down in front I had a 15% error.

I have stock gearing. When I did a check against a GPS unit, I found a 3% error in the odometer, and 10% in the speedometer. I think these numbers will also vary when you change tires or tire brands.

10% willl lower that 170 mph. reading down to 153. (still fast enough to guarantee a court apperance).

I do not know if it is true or not, but I have heard that speedometers are always optimistic. or reading faster than the actual speed, for both cars and motorcycles. All speedometers that I have ever verified via user-friendly patrolmen shooting radar, bikes and cars, were optimistic. I think that there is some legal connotations there, such as lawsuits against manufacturers for receiving tickets and accident involvement. I have heard that motorcycles, as a general rule of thumb, are very optimistic.

I checked my truck speedometer and it's pretty much dead-on with the GPS. I was amazed.

ditto that, my cages are pretty much dead on too. why the hell are bikes so far off anyway? it must be so the squids think their r6 will actually go 175 :lol: .

jims recalibrator works great and is adjustable in 1/2% increments. i give it 2 thumbs up. my odometer is now off though. my 38 mile commute turned into a 36 mile commute. i did the 1 tooth down front and recalibrator at the same time so i'm not sure which one affected the odo, maybe both did to some degree. not that it really matters. keeps some miles off the bike though :wink: .

Thanks for the feedback everybody, I'll go with Jim's, plug n' play sounds nice to me :razz:

And it did look for it, Joe! I'm just impatient :wink:

"Hmmm, they have the internet on computers now..." Homer Simpson

Rocketmeupto125 wrote:

"Jim's black box plugs right in......."

Looking at the web page it doesn't look the the XX is listed as currently availble to just plug in.

Am I missing something?

It works. Just not listed...

Hey RocketBoy,

Pssst........little hint......There is a subset of human beings that like to suck my dick....you aren't explicitly listed. Do I automatically assume you are included?

:whip:

Thanks for the info.

So, all that popcorn goes to waste... :cry:

My thoughts exactly. Can't have a clean fight these days...

Wait a minute: My XX is faster coz it is a SILVER XX, lubed with WD 40 and it does not need a PC, which is shit for weak-minded liberals (Nik, no it is NOT a pleonasm). Anybody who thinks otnherwise is a retard. That ought to do it :grin: :grin:

Hugo

Just to satisfy the masses:

Yes, I am absolutely, congenitally, obnoxious.

I had to be made a gentleman by act of congress (as in officially declared an "Officer and a Gentleman" on my commission).

and RocketBoy's excuse would be.......? (psst....here's a hint....)

:blowjob:

(Never let it be said I condone popcorn waste, what with all those starving kids riding Yamaha's)

So I come back from mowing the lawn and it seems my entertainment has fizzled. Dammit, that had promise.

BTW- Hugo, as a retard, I resent some of your comments and demand an apology. :lol:

edit- I may have spoken too soon. That popcorn still around?