CBR1100XX.org Forum

To Jet or not to Jet ???

StPeteXX

Ok. I have been contemplating on jetting my XX.

I would like to know what I can resonably expect out of it other than a higher consumption of fuel.

My XX is a 13K mile BLACK 1997 with a full Yoshi RS3 exhaust, Dyna 2000 Ignition advance and -1 countershaft.

I recently had it dyno'd at 139hp RWP and 170mph.

Rih

Ok. I have been contemplating on jetting my XX.  

I would like to know what I can resonably expect out of it other than a higher consumption of fuel.

My XX is a 13K mile BLACK 1997 with a full Yoshi RS3 exhaust, Dyna 2000 Ignition advance and -1 countershaft.  

I recently had it dyno'd at 139hp RWP and 170mph.

Rih

What the hell is a JET? :headscratch: :razz:

How's it currently running? any flat spots?

139 is great without jetting. I wonder what got you the most, the exaust or the advancer.

If you want the most, I'd put in a K@N, then jet, and you might get another 3 to 5 HP if done correctly.

I jetted with everything else stock and went back to stock jetting cause of the 10 MPG drop. I kept the pilot screws at 3 turns out and it runs great, no flat spots, and same power.

136 HP for me BTW.

Whazzup Pete?

Re-jet. I did it after I bought the Muzzy system from you, and the seat of the pants dyno tells me that it was a good mod. After changing the exhaust there was a flat spot around 6500 RPM, but with the jet kit, the flat spot went away, and the overall power seems to have improved greatly.

-Ridley

my 98 is jetted, piped and K&N'd goes like a freakin bullet, mind you i bought that way from a friend of mine so i wouldn't know any difference, however i remember him telling me after he got it done it made a huge difference and that's after him owning the bike 4years or so. Go do it especially if you got the rest of the usual mods too.

Iain

Thanks guys. I think I'll pass on jetting since the motor runs excellent.

Since I am -1 on the countershaft, I think I'll do the rear sprocket next. I am looking for more low end power and torque and not so terribly concerned with top end. As long as I can still hit 150mph I will be happy. I just want to get there faster and post faster 1/4 mile times :grin: :twisted:

Rich

Stock exhaust or slipons? - Don't bother... just shim the needles and back the pilot screws out 1/4 turn (and don't bother w/ a K&N filter at this point either - you'll see no gains)

Full aftermarket exhaust? - Yes! don't go over 142's unless you plan on doing engine work.

I am seeing a 8-10 hp gain on my '98 using an Akra ti full system, K&N air filter, Factory ignition advance, Factory Ti jet kit (using 142's) and at least 8 dyno runs to get setup right.

That's only $100.00 an HP!!!!!!!!! But I got rid of my 3-4k flatspot!!!!

• 3 months later...
Sorry this isnt about the jetting but did you notice a big diff. when you went -1 on the counter?

ABSOLUTELY. Way more felt torque. Front wheel jumps off the ground on wide open launches in 1st gear. :lol:

I jet'd the bird immediateley after I bought it to get rid of the flat spot. Frankly it was so flat that it would throw me fowards, and then take off like a bat out of hell and nearly throw me off the bike. Having jet'd the Magna I knew what an amazing difference it made, so I did the same for the bird. It revs from 0 to redline without a single pause or studder and is remarkably smooth.

So, I'd jet it - but thats IMHO :)