CBR1100XX.org Forum

Can't post to Buy/Sell section.

On 3/29/2024 at 9:47 AM, Zero Knievel said:

I keep getting a Forbidden 403 error. :( 

There is an issue with posting certain formatted text that I have not been able to track down.  If you paste your test as unformatted, it will post.  You're probably copying from another site or from a complex text editor like Word?

I got the 403 recently when I quoted Dave including the thread title.  Then the site seemed to go down so I assumed that the 403 happened because the site was crashing...and hoped I wasn't the cause of the crash.  Tried the next day, same 403, but the site didn't crash.

There are no signs of a system crash our general outage.  No alarms, no logged system events.  That 403 forbidden is ALWAYS due to formatted content.  Totally duplicatable and fixable.  I can make it happen, and then paste as unformatted and it's fine.  Reported to the software vendor, not something I can fix.

Also I have no idea if there's a way to paste unformatted for a typical user.  I use a clipboard manager that does it.  Or my programming editor which is obviously generic text only.  I don't think there's anything on a computer by default that would do this.  Not sure what to suggest.  Except that the Copy 'Em clipboard manager is extremely valuable and important for me, saving a shitload of time.

10 hours ago, XXitanium said:

Linky

This is not applicable or relevant.  It's an AI-generated scam site (just stealing ad revenue, not scamming you directly).

DON'T PASTE IN FORMATTED TEXT.  That's all.  Fixed, done.

Hmm, I tried to paste some if the content as formatted text and got that E403 error. 

I tried to say it was just a test but after hitting Save, got relegated to E403 hell.

I was also taking screen shots to show what the prompts look like for paste as plain text look like .

58 minutes ago, XXitanium said:

I tried to paste some if the content as formatted text and got that E403 error.

That's what I said to NOT do.

Screen shots are fine.

CleanShot 2024-04-09 at 17.42.36@2x.jpg

FWIW, when I’ve pasted formatted text, I’m given the option to convert to plain text.  I would think I chose that option in the Buy/Sell issue…maybe I forgot to?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

Terms of Use