CBR1100XX.org Forum

2023 Honda XR150 L (SOLD)

Still available and not far from you 😝

With extras!

Bill of sale to save you even more on tax.  

I’ll be there Sunday for a few hours. 😝😝

• DaveK changed the title to 2023 Honda XR150 L (SOLD)
2 hours ago, DaveK said:

Also gave me $500 off the 2024 Zuma 125

Okay that Zuma looks fun. We will need a ride report. What did it cost out the door with the discount?

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, TOXXIC said:

Okay that Zuma looks fun. We will need a ride report. What did it cost out the door with the discount?

Zuma was:

Ped - $3700

Set Up - $295

Doc Fee - $195

No tax - 

Discount - $500

Trade - $2650

Apple Card - $1040

Done

Edited by DaveK
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, DaveK said:

Zuma was:

Ped - $3700

Set Up - $295

Doc Fee - $195

No tax - 

Discount - $500

Trade - $2650

Apple Card - $1040

Done

‘Well that was a no brainer! Congrats.

My primary residency is NY so the expectation is I register it in NY and pay the tax there. I only drive it in the community (it’s a huge community of 4000 homes and 80 miles of roads) so simply slap on an old license plate and ride. We have our own policing authority and real officers are never inside unless they are called.  

What's an easy way to turn a simple infraction into a criminal act?

On 3/10/2024 at 4:16 AM, DaveK said:

simply slap on an old license plate and ride.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DaveK said:

P.S. - I have been driving scooters/dual sports around for the last 5 years in the community WITHOUT a plate... not even a second look.

Then why go away from what has worked?

I know you're not worried about it, but a fake plate is a crime, not registered is just an infraction.

• Upvote 1

While I was doing the migration and bored, I watched some court and cop videos.  Two were about fake plates, and the cops said the same thing.

46 minutes ago, superhawk996 said:

Then why go away from what has worked?

I know you're not worried about it, but a fake plate is a crime, not registered is just an infraction.

I use a fake plate to get it back and forth from the dealer... never use it permanently. 

21 minutes ago, SwampNut said:

While I was doing the migration and bored, I watched some court and cop videos.  Two were about fake plates, and the cops said the same thing.

I saw a great one.  Couple criminals with expired registration took the license plate off another criminal's car that had current reg, that car was stolen so they got dinged by a plate reader.  Being that it was a felony stop several cops converged, the first cop talking with another said that he would't have even bothered stopping them for the expired reg and they would have gotten away with all the illegal shit they had.

It used to be semi-safe, the cop had to run your plate to know.  Now that many have automated plate readers in their cars they might get alerted to a plate that they weren't even looking at.  If the plate still has current registration then it's probably semi-safe, I don't think the reader can tell that it's on the wrong vehicle.

I'd rather be with the correct expired plate or no plate at all as opposed to attaching improper plates.  The first two, you may talk your way out of it or worst case get a non-moving violation.  They can be spendy, but they may also be waived, if you get it registered and show the judge.  The last one comes with some suspicion of other impropriety, and an indication of willful intent.  A misdemeanor in most states, I think.

2 minutes ago, IcePrick said:

I'd rather be with the correct expired plate or no plate at all as opposed to attaching improper plates.  The first two, you may talk your way out of it or worst case get a non-moving violation.  They can be spendy, but they may also be waived, if you get it registered and show the judge.  The last one comes with some suspicion of other impropriety, and an indication of willful intent.  A misdemeanor in most states, I think.

Police don't come into the private community unless they are called for something specific... We have our own policing authority so never really worry about it.  Honestly, I worry more about not having a fishing license. lol

Years ago we had bought another car and was going to sell the old one.  I didn't want to get crap about having a car parked on the street in my small town so I put an old dead plate on it (and a for sale sign) but didn't drive it.  Guess who bought it?  A cop, he said that he ran the dead plate and didn't seem to have any problems test driving it with the plate on it.  I don't know if there is a difference with the car just sitting there as apposed to driving it?  

Displaying a fictitious plate is a class 2 misdemeanor in AZ, driving or not, even private property.  Likely in most/all other states.  Just not having a plate is a standard civil infraction.

6 hours ago, DaveK said:

Police don't come into the private community unless they are called for something specific.

The board can rest easy. I put the call in to the proper authorities. Unregistered vehicle, misuse of plates, tax evasion.

1 hour ago, SR71BLACKBIRDXX said:

The board can rest easy. I put the call in to the proper authorities. Unregistered vehicle, misuse of plates, tax evasion.

A simple bribe fixes it all. 😀

5 hours ago, blackhawkxx said:

Guess who bought it?  A cop, he said that he ran the dead plate and didn't seem to have any problems test driving it with the plate on it.  I don't know if there is a difference with the car just sitting there as apposed to driving it?  

No difference between parked and driving.  YUGE difference between you driving it and a cop driving it, he's very unlikely to be hassled after showing his credentials.

32 minutes ago, superhawk996 said:

No difference between parked and driving.  YUGE difference between you driving it and a cop driving it, he's very unlikely to be hassled after showing his credentials.

One of the videos I've been watching while waiting for server shit to happen was a cop DUI.  Unlike the other hours of hard core interrogations and using all the tricks to make the suspect talk, in that case the arresting officer quietly told him that he should not talk, and how to respond.