CBR1100XX.org Forum

The new meat-based plants

33 minutes ago, superhawk996 said:

I like traditional plant based meats.  Some of my meats also eat meat, but they mostly eat plants.

Brings up a good point. When will there be a public call to eliminate all animal predators? How long will that sin be allowed?

Edited by XXBirdSlapper

I don't see how beef production is an "ecological disaster".  Please don't show me a link to some "professional" chicken little.  There's always someone who claims doom and gloom, and they almost always leave out the parts that counter-act the doom & gloom part.

From an unbiased standpoint, humans are the ecological disaster.  This planet can only sustain a certain population, and all the "support" we require.  Interesting how "wild-life management" is readily embraced, but managing human life is unthinkable.  I'm not suggesting that we start randomly exterminating humans.  Just remove all the safety labels, and let nature decide.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SwampNut said:

Yes, by doing things like factory farming.

How else are they going to keep up with the food demand?

Not many want to "regular" farm these days, and why would they?  Very hard work for so little pay.

13 minutes ago, jon haney said:

How else are they going to keep up with the food demand?

Eat the plants instead of wasting most of their energy on making meat???  Did I have to type that out?

2 hours ago, SwampNut said:

Eat the plants instead of wasting most of their energy on making meat???  Did I have to type that out?

Can you please show us how do you eat what is available in open range? Can humans eat hay in the winter? Can you show us recipes with hay as a main ingredient? 

Thanks in advance. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, tomek said:

Can you please show us how do you eat what is available in open range? Can humans eat hay in the winter? Can you show us recipes with hay as a main ingredient? 

It takes unthinkable amounts of corn to make a pound of beef.  If we used that corn to feed humans instead, it would go a lot further.

So, corn dogs, duh.

26 minutes ago, IcePrick said:

It takes unthinkable amounts of corn to make a pound of beef.  If we used that corn to feed humans instead, it would go a lot further.

So, corn dogs, duh.

And if we stopped using the food we grow, to make fuel, well ...... 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, IcePrick said:

So, corn dogs, duh.

Dude, corn not so good for humans in large amounts. Makes people fat. I don't eat anything corn.

Seriously, not all land is "plowable" anyway. And even if it was, plowing everything, no grassland, no prairie, no range, etc. would create all kinds of disasters on epic, monumental and biblical scale. 

Edited by tomek

6 hours ago, tomek said:

Dude, corn not so good for humans in large amounts. Makes people fat. I don't eat anything corn.

Seriously, not all land is "plowable" anyway. And even if it was, plowing everything, no grassland, no prairie, no range, etc. would create all kinds of disasters on epic, monumental and biblical scale. 

This. We must stop plowing mountain ranges.

21 hours ago, SwampNut said:

When I said "demand", I meant what most people want, not just what will keep them alive.  However, I feel that the latter type of demand is closer than we think, but for completely different reasons.

So once again, back to humans are the problem because they demand factory farming?  Adding more plants into the American diet has a wide number of benefits for the humans, the cows, and the overall environment (which in turn is good for the humans).

3 hours ago, blackhawkxx said:

Have you ever noticed it's the rabbit food eaters that want to rid the world of meat after they stopped eating it?   ThinkSmall.jpg.485b5156da7e249c690729dee3b875eb.jpg

Notice I've never said we should get rid of meat, and I changed my position on health aspect long BEFORE I stopped eating it (mostly, I haven't)?

I can't speak for others.

People seem to make up an entire narrative in their heads when someone just says facts they don't like.  I was just accused of being anti-EV for posting this...  LOL!

Insurance companies don't work on perception, they work on hard numbers.  EVs catch fire at a vastly lower rate than ICE, but since they are self-oxidizing they can go longer and do more damage per fire.  Also EVs can catch fire while charging, which is often inside the house, and ICE fires are vastly more common while being driven, and not in your house.

NYC has seen a huge number of life-threatening apartment fires from ebike charging.  The numbers prove that the fear is real.

I spent years denying the evidence that my health would be better with a change in animal consumption (not just meat).  I get it.  Cognitive dissonance hurts.  We have a lifetime of big farming spending billions to tell us lies.

• Crackhead post 1

I've never experienced Big Pork, Big Beef, Big Chicken and Big Cow telling and forcing me to eat meat and dairy. No idea what are you talking about.