CBR1100XX.org Forum

A friend shot a buffalo and shared.  I mixed it with a bit of garlic and some of Dion's home-made Worcestershire sauce that he sent me a while back.  It's aging well.  Moriah is allergic to beef so buffalo or Beyond burger are her only options.  She loves this buffalo.  Roasted potatoes with South American sazón and home made Peruvian mayocaba beans with a bit of maple and brown sugar.

091D5A39-9504-461F-A9D9-5AE830FDD5AD_1_105_c.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SwampNut said:

A friend shot a buffalo and shared.  I mixed it with a bit of garlic and some of Dion's home-made Worcestershire sauce that he sent me a while back.  It's aging well.  Moriah is allergic to beef so buffalo or Beyond burger are her only options.  She loves this buffalo.  Roasted potatoes with South American sazón and home made Peruvian mayocaba beans with a bit of maple and brown sugar.

091D5A39-9504-461F-A9D9-5AE830FDD5AD_1_105_c.jpeg

Oh fuck you with a 90 foot un-lubed tree trunk right in the asshole. 

LOL.  So never, ever cook buffalo inside the house.  I ran out of grill pellets so I made a left over burger on the cast iron griddle.  The house smells like a sweaty buffalo ballsack.

On 3/30/2024 at 12:14 PM, SwampNut said:

The house smells like a sweaty buffalo ballsack.

😂  I'll heed the warning.  You know it's bad when a swampnut is offended by sweaty ball smell.

I think the only times we've cooked it indoors was slow cooking in a Crock pot, turns out you can cook other animals in one, probably even alligator.  Turning left overs into chili typically makes no buffalo smell, probably because it was already cooked.  Cooking short ribs in the crockpot made just a hint of buffalo swampynuts.

• Haha 1

On 3/30/2024 at 3:14 PM, SwampNut said:

LOL.  So never, ever cook buffalo inside the house.  I ran out of grill pellets so I made a left over burger on the cast iron griddle.  The house smells like a sweaty buffalo ballsack.

You need to up your range hood game. Connect it to your shop dust collection system. 

1 hour ago, superhawk996 said:

Turning left overs into chili typically makes no buffalo smell, probably because it was already cooked.

Or the sauce maybe?

Burgers with a crisp crust from the cast iron are a fun variation, but you have to choose the animal I guess.

34 minutes ago, Biometrix said:

You need to up your range hood game. Connect it to your shop dust collection system. 

LOL, also I never remember to turn the hood fan on, no idea why.  Just never remember until it's past offensive, or not at all.

2 hours ago, SwampNut said:

LOL, also I never remember to turn the hood fan on, no idea why.  Just never remember until it's past offensive, or not at all.

Oh it's a game changer for cooking inside especially if you are going to be using cast iron regularly, cook fish on the stove top or do any indoor smoking. Most home range hoods are woefully under powered though (300 CFM or less) and the recirculating ones are total garbage. They should be at least 600 CFM and when I remodeled my kitchen I put in a 750 CFM model with 6" duct. They are also good for keeping the temp down.