CBR1100XX.org Forum

Self powered motorcycle air compressor

SwampNut

4 hours ago, Zero Knievel said:

2.  To use an electric off the car battery, you need to have a set of wires or know how to connect to a 12v system.  Yeah, I know they come with cigarette socket plugs, but some people are just that stupid.  An all-in-one unit solves that issue…presuming you don’t forget to keep it charged…which is why I don’t get one for mom.  The one time she had a flat, she asked someone to help her change the tire…only to learn the spare was low.

Dude wut?  Both of my cars came with a Slime brand kit with a sealer and a compressor that plugs into the 12v outlet formerly called a cigarette lighter.  It fills the tire in about three minutes or so, as often as you need.  It keeps working when frozen (batteries don't) and won't self destruct when super hot (batteries do).  It doesn't need to be kept charged.  Reminds me, I bet the jump pack in the Smart is dead, because well, fucking batteries.  The Smart even has a place built in to hold the compressor and Slime bottle, since modern cars don't have spares.  The Tesla just has it in the sub-trunk.

Your friend is probably too stupid to connect the hose, or to keep the battery charged.

38 minutes ago, SwampNut said:

Dude wut?  Both of my cars came with a Slime brand kit with a sealer and a compressor that plugs into the 12v outlet formerly called a cigarette lighter.

Yeah, but you aren't that stupid, are you? ;) 

38 minutes ago, SwampNut said:

Your friend is probably too stupid to connect the hose, or to keep the battery charged.

Yo...that's my mom you're mocking.

Not mocking, just a statement.  If someone can't be trusted to use a power plug, they also can't use the hose or keep it charged.  Just that simple.  A battery powered emergency device is retarded.

Also it turns out my neighbor bit on the Airmoto scam site and got the four pack, which you have to if you want a fair price.  Two have failed he said.  He confirmed they are the same unit as what I got.

Ordered this, happened to be 40% off today.  Good review on Adv Rider.

CleanShot 2024-01-19 at 08.40.03@2x.jpg

6 hours ago, Zero Knievel said:

To use an electric off the car battery, you need to have a set of wires or know how to connect to a 12v system.  Yeah, I know they come with cigarette socket plugs, but some people are just that stupid.

Anyone so retarded that they can't plug something into the cig. lighter/power port should have a caretaker, not a car.

How about the spark plug hole powered compressor? Just a few kicks should do it.

Well, probably fifty or so. Good for you right? 😀

I had one of the exhaust powered "jack" balloons for the Gladiator, remarkably effective.

I got the compressor, used it a couple times, it's good.  I'm doing a full charge now, then will do a video of using it.

It's decent, I like it, and I'm sure it will do what I need.  Unfortunately there's no way to set the correct pressure for my mountain bike, which runs at about 22 psi.  None of the modes will let you store that, you have to just do it manually every time.  Dumb.  I don't intend to use it for the MTB but figured I might.  I carry CO2 on it, and don't need to air down/up.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2024 at 1:58 AM, Zero Knievel said:

Yeah, I know they come with cigarette socket plugs, but some people are just that stupid.

Most new vehicles don't come with a cigarette socket plug.

2 hours ago, Zero Knievel said:

I thought they were rebranded “power points.”

A traditional cigarette socket outlet was round and was intended well, for a coiled cigarette lighter. I am saying the powered round holes are no longer prevalent in cars sold today. You get USB ports instead, or power points. Words matter counselor, as I know you are aware.😀

They do have them, nearly all do, but are hidden.  The Tesla has one inside the console.  The Smart has it somewhere hidden but I don't recall where.

Do most modern vehicles still have a round 12v power socket?

Copilot

3 steps completed

Answer

Yes, most modern vehicles still come equipped with a round 12V power socket, which was originally designed to power cigarette lighters. As smoking has become less common, these sockets have been repurposed as general power outlets for various devices and accessories. Modern vehicles often include a combination of power outlets, such as 12V, USB-A, USB-C, and even 110V household outlets, to accommodate a wide range of charging needs for devices
.The 12V socket, also known as an auxiliary power outlet, is a cylindrical receptacle that provides direct current (DC) at 12 volts, which is suitable for charging devices or powering accessories on the go. Despite the rise of USB ports for charging, the 12V socket remains a standard feature due to its ability to power a wide array of accessories that require more power than USB ports typically provide
.The ecosystem of devices that utilize the 12V power port is extensive, and many consumers still have accessories that require this type of connection. Additionally, the cost to include one or more 12V sockets in a vehicle is relatively low, which is why they continue to be a common feature

• Useful/Thanks! 1

2 hours ago, SwampNut said:

They do have them, nearly all do, but are hidden.  The Tesla has one inside the console.  The Smart has it somewhere hidden but I don't recall where.

Do most modern vehicles still have a round 12v power socket?

Copilot

3 steps completed

Answer

Yes, most modern vehicles still come equipped with a round 12V power socket, which was originally designed to power cigarette lighters. As smoking has become less common, these sockets have been repurposed as general power outlets for various devices and accessories. Modern vehicles often include a combination of power outlets, such as 12V, USB-A, USB-C, and even 110V household outlets, to accommodate a wide range of charging needs for devices
.The 12V socket, also known as an auxiliary power outlet, is a cylindrical receptacle that provides direct current (DC) at 12 volts, which is suitable for charging devices or powering accessories on the go. Despite the rise of USB ports for charging, the 12V socket remains a standard feature due to its ability to power a wide array of accessories that require more power than USB ports typically provide
.The ecosystem of devices that utilize the 12V power port is extensive, and many consumers still have accessories that require this type of connection. Additionally, the cost to include one or more 12V sockets in a vehicle is relatively low, which is why they continue to be a common feature

Interesting and good to know. My Lexus had one in the rear cargo area, which was nice for an electric cooler or fridge. I am not aware of one my Silverado, but will have to go searching.

On 1/25/2024 at 7:27 AM, TOXXIC said:

A traditional cigarette socket outlet was round and was intended well, for a coiled cigarette lighter. I am saying the powered round holes are no longer prevalent in cars sold today. You get USB ports instead, or power points. Words matter counselor, as I know you are aware.😀

My buddy just bought a '21 Mercedes S560, I was shocked to find an ashtray and lighter in the dash, and it's surprisingly large.  Shit, maybe it was Snoop Dogg's car and he special ordered the super smoker package.

1 hour ago, superhawk996 said:

and it's surprisingly large

How many Jews will it hold?

Inclusion of the "smoker's package" in cars has now kinda become one of the "don't buy" triggers.

I had intended to check the ashtray and lighter for signs of use, but forgot.  Next time.  The owner won't care because he smokes (Randy), but he's chosen not to smoke it in....yet.  On it's first day here he gave it to Ashley to go to work in and he drove the Stinger.  She didn't know he wasn't smoking in it so I cleaned the evidence.

Edited by superhawk996