CBR1100XX.org Forum

SOFT NUTS

fizzy

Apologies' ahead of time for the clickbait title, but I get paid by the word. They are called redskin peanuts, unsalted, come in a plastic bag.  Swallowed a handful, then realized 3 or 4 of them had an unpleasant texture and taste.  After 2 1/2 hours, or about the time it takes to watch a utube vid from zero,  I knew I had food poisoning. Bad.

Anyway, I know of course you can get this from fruit and veg, not just spoiled meat, but 3-4 peanuts? Not sure how to proceed on the nut front now. I guess avoid for a while until I forget?   Be warned. 

7 minutes ago, SwampNut said:

There is some good advice in this article that I didn't follow, I quote:

"Work with your team to create a Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)  plan, identify potential contamination points, and create solutions"

8 minutes ago, DaveK said:

I just watched a Netflix documentary on food poisoning and a big part of it was peanuts and peanut butter. Like dead rats and rat feces ground up or on whole peanuts. 

And in your sugar too.

50 minutes ago, DaveK said:

1:37mins, that's more like it. I like humor, even gallows humor. 

If I get food poisoning once every 10 years, more or less, does this mean I am good to go for the rest of the decade? 

Edited by fizzy

1 hour ago, SwampNut said:

Boiled peanuts are one of the nastiest things on the planet.  Tastes like spoiled food and roadkill, smells like hot dog shit.

IMG_0255.jpeg

Hmmm.  I've always liked them, but they've always been done in very strong/spicy broths.  Maybe some convenience store peanuts would suck, but there used to be a guy in Townsend, TN that sold home-made walking sticks out of his shack - he always had a crock pot of peanuts going, a dollar for a quart of them, and they were always amazing.  I've actually had really good ones at convenience stores in northeastern TN, also.

3 hours ago, SwampNut said:

Now that's scary as I eat much natural peanut butter every day, it is a food group for me.  I must have 15 jars in stock.

4 hours ago, fizzy said:

They are called redskin peanuts, unsalted, come in a plastic bag. 

That's the problem, the ones covered in salt kills the bad bugs.  😃