CBR1100XX.org Forum

What is this stand and is it as great as it seems?

SwampNut

This looks like a great way to get the bike into the same spot every time, and minimize space.  Anyone use one?  Know what it's called or who makes it?  I'd like to put the Zero in it, 500 pounds.  The Zero leans over particularly far and I'd like to maximize garage space.

E54E55FB-631C-41B8-ACAA-2CA0876A7BED_1_201_a.jpeg

I have one similar, but not sure of the brand, since I got it used.  It's heavy as hell, but works pretty good.

I know you're a man who likes ultimate function, so you should be looking at what Baxley has to offer.  I have one of those, too.  Yes, it's my favorite.

Baxley Front Wheel Chock - 2ndGearUSA

This is their cheap one (non-adjustable). 

2 hours ago, SwampNut said:

I will check out Baxley.  Is this something where you just ride into it, get off the bike, and walk away?

Yes.  The bike will wiggle a little, but won't fall over unless hit or kicked fairly hard.  I've never had, or even heard of one falling over while in a Baxley chock, but assume it's possible.

The front wheel on your KTM is smaller, so it might wiggle quite a bit.

Edited by jon haney

21 minutes ago, jon haney said:

The front wheel on your KTM is smaller, so it might wiggle quite a bit.

This is for the new Zero.  The push-over test in the video I linked was impressive and sold it.  My balls jump into my stomach every time I watch it.  I will NOT be repeating it.

20 hours ago, SwampNut said:

This is for the new Zero.  The push-over test in the video I linked was impressive and sold it.  My balls jump into my stomach every time I watch it.  I will NOT be repeating it.

LOL.  I understand.

23 hours ago, SwampNut said:

78909.png

FYI, that black, heavy wheel chock I have actually has a label that says "Trackside", just in case you still wanted to know.  I assume that is the brand.

Looks like you found a good deal on a Baxley, though.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the Abba front chock that I bought for the bird, I used it once, it took two of us to get the bike out of it again, I sold that for more than I paid for it 😕

I still have an Abba Skylift, I can get the bike mounted on that and lifted up on my own.  It goes in level, wheelie, and stoppie positions and has castors so I can push it around the garage if I need to.  Currently I have a 1993 ZZR600E1 on there that I'm slowly restoring.  This is hands down the best bike lift I have ever used, highly recommended.

The awesome Abba Sky Lift

• Like 1

On 8/25/2023 at 10:14 PM, superhawk996 said:

I have one that's been collecting dust, wish I'd noticed this earlier.  Not Baxley, some other brand that looks very well made.

So close...

But anyway, the stand kicks ass, totally recommended.  It does exactly what I want for both storage and working.  It's very weird just riding into it and stepping off without the normal stand down and leaning it.  In my garage, the right side dismount is useful.

BB08D395-41C5-4CC3-8EE1-7945F8E4EC0B_1_105_c.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1