CBR1100XX.org Forum

'91 VFR750F junker/project in Chester CA.

He'd love to get some money for it, but I'm 99.9% sure he'd be fine with it just going away.  Hand him a decent cider or beer as a friendly gesture.

It belongs to a buddy of mine.  It was running poorly, then someone tried to fix it and it didn't run at all, and then got parked for 10+ years.  There's a chance that he'll find the title, but assume that he won't.

image.thumb.jpeg.941b2e873f1e52e131f4b59e185260c0.jpeg

Hmmm.  A friend wants me to build a standalone snowblower for his working UTV.  That V4 would sure sound awesome powering it, I'd have to find a way to incorporate the single-side swingarm somewhere as those are sexy as hell. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SwampNut said:

What am I missing?  Why isn't that something that requires him to pay to have it removed?  It seems like just junk.

Someone might want it for parts, or maybe to try to make a cheap runner from it.

8 hours ago, IcePrick said:

That V4 would sure sound awesome powering it, I'd have to find a way to incorporate the single-side swingarm somewhere as those are sexy as hell. 

The almost V-8 exhaust sound combined with the gear driven cams is almost enough to make me wanna make it run, add in the swingarm and I'm sold. Restoring it would be stupid money, but making it into a custom naked is somewhat appealing.  I told him that if he decides to drag it back to So. Cal. I'd take it off his hands, and until then I'd spread the word to help him out.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sad to see a VFR in this state, although my VFR parts bike looks worse.  Mine is a 1989 ('90 MY) RC36 with the single swing arm.  It's lower power than the bird but out of the two I enjoy the VFR more as it's nimble and small, kind of like me :D

F5C573CD-9130-4919-B70A-FB636F4E944B.thumb.jpeg.29002d1b9ccae9b8323695d3d1a818a0.jpeg

• Upvote 3