CBR1100XX.org Forum

Anyone got the bug for a One Wheel?

As one of the first of many things I need to clean out in the new shop - Ive got a stack of One Wheel Pints Im gonna blow out.

https://onewheel.com/products/pint

Retail is $1099 on these. XX.org price $765 plus tax/shipping. I mostly have slate and sand colors in stock.

1 hour ago, racer212 said:

As one of the first of many things I need to clean out in the new shop - Ive got a stack of One Wheel Pints Im gonna blow out.

https://onewheel.com/products/pint

Retail is $1099 on these. XX.org price $765 plus tax/shipping. I mostly have slate and sand colors in stock.

You getting kickbacks from the local orthopedics association? ;) 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

It is interesting to me the orientation of the wheel is in-line with the foot placement. Other mono boards I have seen the rider's toes are pointed in the direction of travel? Was that a hoverboard I've seen?  Looks like fun if someone were 16 and not worried about the sudden impact with the ground. 😜

image.png

image.png

Actually, they’re a lot easier and more controllable than you think. I was pretty hesitant to get on one with shoulder surgery, not far in my mirror, but it’s not that big a deal at all. The real trick with these is going uphill.

• Useful/Thanks! 1

8 hours ago, TOXXIC said:

Looks like fun if someone were 16 and not worried about the sudden impact with the ground.

Gravity is only a theory, don't play into the scare tactic bullshit.

1F8E1B5E-F505-4D7A-8286-306BB3957541_1_102_o.jpeg

Oscar and I were at powered glider event a few months ago, and it seemed like half of them had one.  Those gliders are controlled by balance, like the Onewheel.  Makes sense.  Also it was clearly a fantastic way to get around the large space it was at, mostly compacted dirt and sand.

2 hours ago, SwampNut said:

1F8E1B5E-F505-4D7A-8286-306BB3957541_1_102_o.jpeg

Oscar and I were at powered glider event a few months ago, and it seemed like half of them had one.  Those gliders are controlled by balance, like the Onewheel.  Makes sense.  Also it was clearly a fantastic way to get around the large space it was at, mostly compacted dirt and sand.

A bunch of guys at the local airfield have them to get back and for to their hangars. Funny to see.

• Upvote 1