CBR1100XX.org Forum

2003 CBR 1100XX

Hi everyone new here but I got my first CBR 1100 bit of a mess but I need some parts. Just wondering if anyone has any of these parts

1. Seat

2. Right mirror

3 Wiring harness for the ignition and the back where the ECU's are. 

If anyone can point me in the right direction as to where I can buy these items much appreciated also. I am located in Vancouver BC Canada

Thanks everyone!

I have a stock seat in perfect condition, but haven't decided if I really prefer the Corbin over it.  I'll give it another test ride when I can and decide which to sell.

1 hour ago, superhawk996 said:

I have a stock seat in perfect condition, but haven't decided if I really prefer the Corbin over it.  I'll give it another test ride when I can and decide which to sell.

I had a Corbin Smuggler and made a couple trips on it. Hated it and sold it.

I bought an embroidered seat condom in England. Used an electric turkey knife and panned out my stock seat, then stretched the new cover over it and stapled in place. Love it far more than the Corbin.

Lori's husband sent me their Corbin, so sniffing the passenger seat is still enjoyable.  I've sat on different Corbins that felt totally different.  I know they had some options on how to configure it.  I've only done two short rides with this one, so I'm in the same place, unsure whether to keep the stocker or not.  Also when I used to ride a lot, I liked putting the stocker on for short trips just for the hell of it.

23 hours ago, John01XX said:

I had a Corbin Smuggler and made a couple trips on it. Hated it and sold it.

I love the look of the Smuggler (assuming that's the solo seat one with a little trunk opening).  I wish someone made a solo cover that attached to the seat.  I had one for the SuperHawk, looked cool.

I have a smuggler, or whatever that solo version is called, but it's pretty busted up.  It's probably not a terribly hard repair, but I've never worked with fiberglass.  Carlos and one of my local buddies both have, I should get off my ass and get it fixed up, then figure out a good comfy seat build.

15 minutes ago, superhawk996 said:

I have a smuggler, or whatever that solo version is called, but it's pretty busted up.  It's probably not a terribly hard repair, but I've never worked with fiberglass.  Carlos and one of my local buddies both have, I should get off my ass and get it fixed up, then figure out a good comfy seat build.

Absolutely!
The smuggler concept is awesome, I just never liked the comfort level of any corbin seat that I have ridden on. I will be doing a custom build seat with Sargeant Seats in Jacksonville. for my FJR. Make an appointment, ride in at 0800, pick out materials, take measurements while sitting on the bike, sit down on a fake seat that has like a memory foam top layer that leaves an impression from you butt to use as a mold to custom form the new seat. Ride home on the new seat in the afternoon.

Edited by John01XX
  • Upvote 1

I've had two solo seat covers, maybe three.  I know I had one that was just a cover with a butt pad, and one that was a cover with a "trunk" opening.  I don't recall any brands, but pretty sure they were small companies not known brands.

Thanks.  I coulda sworn I looked before and there was nothing.  I found Pyramid and Power Bronze covers, but I don't like them.  I was hoping for something like I had on the SH, it was slim and followed the lines really well, other than a little gap it looked like it was part of the bike.  At the front it was maybe an inch higher than the seat and tapered down to meet the tail fairing's height & width.  I've never paid close attention to the Bird's seat, maybe it's too tall/wide to do that.

Yeah, I had one like that.  There was almost no space at all between the seat and the cover.  It was a low-quality fiberglass job, but once painted, looked fine.  It had a small sliver of a butt pad on it.  No clue who made it, but I will go look at my original web site from 2002 and see if it's there.

That's the kind of look I want.  That's a replacement seat, not just a cover, and it's supposedly from Germany so it would probably be big bucks.  I can't find the German company but there's an MDI in So.Cal. that makes carbon fiber solo covers and several other parts, but nothing for the Bird.  I might give them a call and see if they ever made Bird stuff, maybe they have something hiding in the rafters.

It would be super easy to make a perfectly conforming cover for $15.  We can make one today, in fact.  I'm going to knock off work by lunch.  We can amateurly paint it tomorrow after prepping it with yak jizz, and using the wrong nozzle size.

18 hours ago, blackhawkxx said:

Maybe a seat thread should be started in the garage instead of taking over here?  BTW-Love my Smuggler seat.

Yea, it became a big derailment.  Hopefully we start making solo covers today, that'll become a new thread.

• 4 weeks later...