Jump to content
CBR1100XX.org Forum

Auctmarts Repsol Black/White fairings, don't buy them if you expect it to look perfect.


Recommended Posts

Man that really sucks. 

On the flip side, it’s not getting easier to find new OEM parts. I believed I had sourced all new cowlings tonight only for them to all become “backordered” after sitting in the cart for a couple minutes. It would have been $1500  for new plastics. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The rest of the fairings look great so far

Also, I only said "Paypal," but BOTH eBay and Paypal have buyer protection.  As a mostly seller, they are very strict on it.  I can always prove I did my part, but they have asked me for documentation

Don't let those people stick it to you.  They sent you garbage and they need to fix it. Don't fix it yourself. They either need to refund you at least partially or they need to send you a new correct

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, nomadicdread said:

Man that really sucks. 

On the flip side, it’s not getting easier to find new OEM parts. I believed I had sourced all new cowlings tonight only for them to all become “backordered” after sitting in the cart for a couple minutes. It would have been $1500  for new plastics. 

I still need to get ahold of a dash frame bracket and headlight assembly before I can even worry about getting the nose on. I'm just not sure where to look for oem ones so I might put out an ISO on hereJPEG_20200129_102001.thumb.jpg.a54bf45af673ee8fc97c2e17bde33ac5.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Crashedbirb said:

Thickness and weight of them compared to oem feels identical but fitment can uhhh, it can be an absolute bitch. It took me nearly 3 hours to get just 4 of the panels on.

JPEG_20200129_102123.jpg

Perhaps your accident displaced some of the fairing mounts which would give trouble on the install? Also, make sure panels are warmed up before fitment, they will flex easier.  

By the way, they look pretty good in the pics

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a working headlight that has two of the tabs broken off.  If you want to try to deal with that it's yours for the cost of shipping.  I'm rebuilding a bike too and found a like-new headlight on eBay for $100.  When they show up, nobody bids on them, I just got lucky and my saved search hit one within a couple weeks.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SwampNut said:

Did you file the eBay "not as described" complaint?

It won't let me file a "not as described" complaint and only a full return one, they shipped the item under 2 different tracking numbers and the second one is just sitting there dormant. So I'm a bit confused how to go about this.

20200131_010302.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I think eBay has changed it so you have to start a return, mark that as "not as described," and the seller has a week to counter with an offer.  When I've had them, I can give a full refund, offer a partial refund that the buyer can accept or decline, or a couple other options.  Basically it forces the seller to engage and it means eBay will step in after a week if you two can't see a solution.  So that's what I'd recommend doing.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've done the same, start a return because it wasn't as described.  The seller then negotiated with me and we resolved it.  I would probably give them another chance to replace it with one that is done right, or maybe a partial refund to cover repairing it.  I'm guessing a pro would charge about as much as the whole faring set costs.  Be clear and decent about it.  Tell them you don't expect a piece of art, but the lettering should be straight like it is in their ad.  Then escalate to a return if they refuse to cooperate.  It is very clear that it's not the same as the ad photo so there shouldn't be a problem, unless the ad states that the product recieved may be different, then it'll come down to opinion whether the smaller and crooked lettering should be acceptable.

 

I had another where the seller said something to the effect of: we offered you a 10% discount, you can accept that or get nothing...kinda like your free grip offer but in my case they were pretty dickish about the whole thing.  Ebay reviewed our messages and apparently decided that I had tried for a fair resolution and they were dicks so they gave me a full refund.  Then the seller demanded that I return the product at my cost, nope.  After some back & forth I told them they had a week to send me a pre-paid label and after that I'd consider it abandoned property.  I told ebay that the seller was harassing and threatening me, they looked at the messages and said they'd handle it, I never heard another word.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, "just give me what was in the picture" is a very reasonable expectation.

 

The art thing cracks me up, because if it were art, I would expect imperfections.  I have purchased art that was not exactly the same as the original demo/prototype.  I would expect fairings to NOT be art, and to be closer to perfect.

 

14 minutes ago, superhawk996 said:

I had another where the seller said something to the effect of: we offered you a 10% discount, you can accept that or get nothing...kinda like your free grip offer but in my case they were pretty dickish about the whole thing.  Ebay reviewed our messages and apparently decided that I had tried for a fair resolution and they were dicks so they gave me a full refund.  Then the seller demanded that I return the product at my cost, nope.  After some back & forth I told them they had a week to send me a pre-paid label and after that I'd consider it abandoned property.  I told ebay that the seller was harassing and threatening me, they looked at the messages and said they'd handle it, I never heard another word.

 

I had one of those.  Offered a discount for a totally unusable product.  Absolutely could not be used, nor repaired.  Uh.  No.  Then same shit about sending it back on my own dime.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Something else I keep forgetting to say:  I don't know if these come with the insulation, but if they don't you should do something about that.

 

Also, they look pretty fuckin cool, other than the fuck up.  Most of my bikes have been stock.  I've had one that had absolutely nothing on it, the one Carlos has now, and initially I was sure it would need at least the stock decals, but then I fell in love with the completely clean look.  It was also fun to let people guess what it was, BMW was the most common guess, and a few Ducati.  I can't imagine any Duc that it looks like, maybe the Italian paint somehow came through.  I think only one person ever guessed it right off, he was on a Bird.

 

I've had two Duc 999s, one nearly stock which has minimal stuff (it did have a couple cool additions) and one 'race replica' that was pretty busy.  Both were cool in their own way.  My current Bird is pretty blingy but with nothing added to the panels and I keep thinking that doing it up like the Repsol might look pretty cool.  Pretty sure I could buy that set and come out ahead after selling my panels.  Either way, I think it needs the dual nitrous tanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the black and white Repsol look. Like Oscar, I had a pearl white Bird with no decals for a while. However, I had OEM clones bade out of carbon fiber look vinyl and loved the finished product.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, TOXXIC said:

I really like the black and white Repsol look. Like Oscar, I had a pearl white Bird with no decals for a while. However, I had OEM clones bade out of carbon fiber look vinyl and loved the finished product.

Didn't you have a bicolor Bird also?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, blackhawkxx said:

Didn't you have a bicolor Bird also?

Yes, good memory. I had a black and silver combo using OEM panels mixed with a Corbin Smuggler to look factory produced. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

Something else I keep forgetting to say:  I don't know if these come with the insulation, but if they don't you should do something about that.

 

Also, they look pretty fuckin cool, other than the fuck up.  Most of my bikes have been stock.  I've had one that had absolutely nothing on it, the one Carlos has now, and initially I was sure it would need at least the stock decals, but then I fell in love with the completely clean look.  It was also fun to let people guess what it was, BMW was the most common guess, and a few Ducati.  I can't imagine any Duc that it looks like, maybe the Italian paint somehow came through.  I think only one person ever guessed it right off, he was on a Bird.

 

I've had two Duc 999s, one nearly stock which has minimal stuff (it did have a couple cool additions) and one 'race replica' that was pretty busy.  Both were cool in their own way.  My current Bird is pretty blingy but with nothing added to the panels and I keep thinking that doing it up like the Repsol might look pretty cool.  Pretty sure I could buy that set and come out ahead after selling my panels.  Either way, I think it needs the dual nitrous tanks.

So luckily they did come with a heat shield in them so I'm all good there and I love how the dual nitrous cans compliments the repsol fairings.

 

I think the only thing I want to put on the birb now after I repair the front end by finding an upper cowl stay bracket and headlight assembly is an underglow kit which is cheap and easy along with trunk for the rear but those are hard to find and really expensive :(

 

My buddy and I are planning a trip to West Virginia in September as our first long distance trip. I'll be on my bird and he'll be on a Tiger 800 XCX. 

 

Along with that trip I'll be in Laconia for the entire bike week so I'll be bound to catch some eyes with the fairings and nitrous cans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Crashedbirb said:

an underglow kit

I've been thinking of one of those as well.  With all the shiny bits on my bike it should look pretty cool.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

I've been thinking of one of those as well.  With all the shiny bits on my bike it should look pretty cool.

Don't forget your pimp hat too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use