CBR1100XX.org Forum

Stupid Question???

willxx23

The rubber band that holds the toolkit down under seat where would be the best place to find a replacement?? I didn't call the dealer because I don't want to hear that I'm going to give them 20$ for a rubber band. :roll:

• Upvote 1

Well now that you ask I needed one of the tools to use in the house on the garbage disposal :oops: This is when I noticed the band was broken, I don't know how long for maybe 2,000 mi, as you can imagine I was horrified as this was the first thing to break down on my beloved Bird :grin:

Damn!!! The rubber band that holds the toolkit down under the seat of your Honda XX broke!!! Shit, I'd blast the hell out of Honda, complain like crazy, demand that Honda re-calls all XXs, file a lawsuit, sell the damned thing, heck give it away, and get a dependable bike like a Harley Roadster!!

I'm pretty sure there's a black market for that item. Please keep an eye on it.

I believe mine was stolen sometime back, along with the tool kit, since I can't remember the last time I saw either.

I'll have to file a police report, I suppose...

Heh, yeah that critical failure some time ago happened on my bike... finally got it after a couple month wait, in part cause of the backorder and also in part cause of my lazyness in driving 10 miles out of the way for such a non-critical part... invite me to the mountains, no problem tho :wink:

Why not just get a velcro band with adhesive? be cheaper, I'm sure, and more functional too... :cool: