CBR1100XX.org Forum

where does this go

Ronnie

Did you have a fairing off?

It looks like one of the grommets that holds it in place, where the plastic pin "clicks" in.

Could also be a bushing for the tank bolts, etc.

Take a look at everything you removed, then start looking deeper. It could have happened the last time somebody removed something, as well.

But the one in back of the tank has a metal washer/sleeve looking thing that slips inside the rubber.

That actually looks like the rubber mount that goes on your rearsets.

But obviously not. it may be from the throttle side down by the header.

I thought there was a round metal piece, that bolts to the motor, holding a line of some sort. Could that be it?????

those rubber grommets are everywhere...

as i recall there are couple of them on:

#the meter assembly

#the right hand lower cowling (dont' remeber if the left has one..probably has).. where the cowling is stuck with the "front inner half cowling"

#the side of the tank where the innerpanel is stuck with tank.

#the coolant radiator has a couple+maybe the oil cooler also?..

well thers a few..just keep looking!.. :wink:

• 4 years later...

hey guys im new i want to ask some ? i just picked up a 1986 v65 magna very good shape the man got it new in 86 gave me every thing for it the books the ticket from when he got it new i want lie im kind of scared of it lol iv never felt this kind of power on 2 wheels i have a yamaha v-star 1100 and it dont have the power of my v65 the cabs have been jetted and he added a upper oil kit

hey guys im new i want to ask some ? i just picked up a 1986 v65 magna very good shape the man got it new in 86 gave me every thing for it the books the ticket from when he got it new i want lie im kind of scared of it lol iv never felt this kind of power on 2 wheels i have a yamaha v-star 1100 and it dont have the power of my v65 the cabs have been jetted and he added a upper oil kit

Welcome

Nice find, If your kind of scare of the 86, good thing its not the 83

Oh yeah, u had ?'s

I sure wish I could play "Guess the Blackbird part", but I can't view the pictures here at work. Damn IT Nazis!

If I remember tonight when I get home, I'll look at it and let you know my opinion. I don't think there is one single part outside of the engine that I haven't "felt up" at least once. :icon_evilgrin: