CBR1100XX.org Forum

Engine won't start after oil change

velocity

Hey guys, I just did my first oil change. And now my engine won't start. I added a bit of extra oil because I changed the filter (obviously) as well. Now when I turn the key on it goes through it's display test and the oil light stays on. Does that mean it has a sensor that checks if there is TOO much oil as well? Any help you can give me will be appreciated, thanks.

:lol::lol: Glad you got it fixed!

I use to (and still do often), let out the clutch and go with the kickstand DOWN :oops: What an innovation. Or, accidentally having the kill switch engaged and "trying" to start it. That one doesnt take to long to figure out. Ohh well, part of the fun.

steve

A good friend, who first got me involved in bikes many years ago in High School and who has owned about a dozen different bikes over the years, and his son were over the other night and Brian was interested in trying out the Blackbird...he went out for about a 30 minute ride and came back, very impressed...shut the bike down in the driveway so he could get the garage door open...couldn't get it started, all the lights would come on but no cranking, no fuel pump whine. I looked at the bike, thought "this really sucks, it's a Honda..." then we both realized the kill switch was active. Doh!!

Brian's new handle is "Kill-Switch"

LOL....yeah I had this guy at work and every time I rode to work he'd hit my kill switch while I wasn't watching. So every time I get on my bike I just instictively turn the kill switch on (or is it off?) The neutral thing kinda threw me for a loop though. :lol:

I went for gas a month ago in 30 degree weather.

Pulled up to the pump, kept it running (cause the battery was weak) gased up, check the girlie watching me in the suburban, square up to drive off, downshift and STALLS.........................

Battery wouldn't turn it over. Kick stand safety got me. DOH !

So I rolled it and jumped on it and caught it in first and rode off into the darkness.....................

1 for two.

-Suf Daddy

I think we've all done it, but post and admit it? Nice

Almost as bad as calling someone for advice on a no start, just to find the kickstand down. Losers the lot of ya. :twisted:

Well I was going to delete the thread since no one responded to my first post but I thought I'd give you all the benefit of the doubt and hope that I wouldn't get a bunch of assh**e replies *cough* NORTHMAN *cough*....guess I was wrong. :roll: