CBR1100XX.org Forum

Ford V8 truck plug R&R question

RXX

I just bought a set of plugs for my 93 F150 302 FI. Before I get further in than I can back out, are there any surprises? Like having to unfasten motor mounts, dropping the engine, taking off the hood, stuff like that? I hate those sort of surprises.

I had 93 F-250 with a 351-W so I guess that it would be similar. The hardest thing was getting the wires off the plugs because you can't get your hand where it needs to be. So if you have been thinking about adding a set of new wires, this would be the time.

Good advice here. It's a straight forward job.

+1 on Motocraft plugs

If your NOT replacing the wires then +2 on the boot tool. You'll most likely fubar the boots/wires if you try to pull them off by hand. If your putting new wires on, then yank away!

Yeah I bought Motocraft plugs last week. Thanks to you guys I am spending the extra cash for wires, rotor and cap.

Hell, I might even buy a new key fob while I'm at it, make her look all pretty. You know, kind of like a new set of earrings to go with her new panties.