CBR1100XX.org Forum

Blackbird Wanted to Buy

I am looking for a 99-01 BB to add to my stable. If you have a bike with low miles, in good original condition without mods, I would be interested to talk to you. I am not interested in anything that has been raced, beaten on, crashed or stored outside.

I am on Long Island in NY and would be willing to travel moderate distances to pick up. Would go as far as say Chicago for the right bike. For fastest response, you can email me at joepokorny@gmail.com

Thanks

Define "low miles." :icon_whistle:

I have 80K+ on my '99. Except for the heated grips and voltmeter, I think every other "mod" is removable.

I did lowside once in gravel. :icon_doh:

Is there a reason you want that specific 3-year range? The XX was made beyond 2001.

Are you looking for collector quality or a rider?

Mileage on an XX isn't really a significant consideration for a rider. The XX is damn near bulletproof - one of the most reliable motorcycles ever produced.

There are some collector quality examples with extremely low mileage, but they're very rare, usually in collections, and don't come on the market very often. As expected, you should anticipate commensurate premium pricing.

Too far but there is a red one with 30k on it in Helena Mt. on craigslist $4k

I wonder if that's my old bike. It did get shipped out there.

I just looked at that Craigslist ad and WHOLY SHIT !!!! That's my old bike!!!!!!

I'd jump on that one.

Well I can tell you this,

His name is Mike, and he lives in Helena Montana. He's very tall and skinny like 6'4" & 160 lbs. He's got or he had some health issues, and this was his first motorcycle. I doubt he ever made it to Nexxt. He was initially very active on the .com forum, but almost nothing here.

It looks like he only put about 9K miles on it in 4+ years. He also put the stock exhaust back on, changed the gearing, put a gear indicator on, changed the wind screen, put mirror extenders on, but he forgot to mention that the fork springs had been changed to 1KG progressive and the oil weight had been changed too.

At that price, it's decent but there are a couple of flaws(cosmetic) that I saw. The rear cowling has a crack in it from him, and that was all I could see from the pics.

That bike ran GREAT and I miss it a little bit now and then.

BTW, that bike orig' came from Long Island.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delayed response guys. Got a lot going on and fogot to check back. My apologies.

The reason I was looking for those years is because I wanted a fuel injected model. I have two older Hondas and both have four carbs each and I just dont want four more. I was looking for older models just to keep the cost down. As far as the mileage, I would prefer something with low mileage although I am seeing how hard it is to find something in that category. I'm willing to wait until something shows up if it means getting something good. I am also willing to look at something with higher mileage if the bike has been babied. I'm not in a hurry and if anyone wants to trade, I have a 79 750F that I would be willing to add to any deal.

So that being said, does anyone have something they think I would be interested in?

Thanks

Hey all I'm trying to sell my 99 blackbird it's got 31,xxx miles, new tires, new brakes, I am the second owner of the bike, always adult ridden, never been raced, custom seat with my clubs name of course it would have to be changed out, double bubble windscreen also have the factory windscreen, kuryakyn grips as I have big hands, if interested email me and i will send pictures my email is musiqmankeys@yahoo.com thanks

I am looking for a 99-01 BB to add to my stable. If you have a bike with low miles, in good original condition without mods, I would be interested to talk to you. I am not interested in anything that has been raced, beaten on, crashed or stored outside.

I am on Long Island in NY and would be willing to travel moderate distances to pick up. Would go as far as say Chicago for the right bike. For fastest response, you can email me at joepokorny@gmail.com

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

Well, I have one. Absolutely mint condition 2000 CBR1100XX metallic gray that I drove out of the dealer on early May/2000 with 0.8Mi on the speedo. I have owned it since.

Today, she still looks like it just got out of the showroom floor. Not a nick, dent or scratch. Never been down and at worst she got an afternoon riding on a drizzle. 100% original, including tires. Yes, tires too... after all, she's only got 3000 miles on it.

If you're seriously interested, make me an offer. Top dollar as this beauty is still spanking new and 5-6K won't take it. You can buy trashed ones for that. And I am within your travel distance.

Cheers,

LZ

I wanna go ride a bike with some 13 year old tires on it. :icon_rolleyes:

be like playing Russian Roulette

Would have to drop an extra grand on the bike to replace the tires, fork oil, oil seals, dust seals, clutch fluid, brake fluid rebuild the calipers, radiator flush, new battery, sure I am missing a few others.

oh yeah..

welcome

Well, I have one. Absolutely mint condition 2000 CBR1100XX metallic gray that I drove out of the dealer on early May/2000 with 0.8Mi on the speedo. I have owned it since.

Today, she still looks like it just got out of the showroom floor. Not a nick, dent or scratch. Never been down and at worst she got an afternoon riding on a drizzle. 100% original, including tires. Yes, tires too... after all, she's only got 3000 miles on it.

If you're seriously interested, make me an offer. Top dollar as this beauty is still spanking new and 5-6K won't take it. You can buy trashed ones for that. And I am within your travel distance.

Cheers,

LZ

Excellent first post! :icon_confused:

I wanna go ride a bike with some 13 year old tires on it. :icon_rolleyes:

be like playing Russian Roulette

Would have to drop an extra grand on the bike to replace the tires, fork oil, oil seals, dust seals, clutch fluid, brake fluid rebuild the calipers, radiator flush, new battery, sure I am missing a few others.

oh yeah..

welcome

Not if it all has been taken care of.

Do want it. Fine. I'm keeping it. And riding it.

Have a good day.