CBR1100XX.org Forum

Blackbird Wanted to Buy

Nice pics, Luiz... That may be one of the best one-owner, low mileage (& apparently factory original) examples of a 2000 Ti 'Bird I've seen.

IMHO, that bike has true collector value. Generally speaking, only pristine examples of the '97 (first model year) and the '99 (first FI model year) are somewhat more desirable - but condition and provenance are everything.

Were someone to acquire it as a rider (as opposed to a collectable), fresh rubber, fluids, and other consumables would, of course, be in order.

Best of Luck with the sale; I'm sure it'll find a happy home.

• Upvote 1

O.P., I've been thinking about selling my street-going '99, just figured I'd wait until spring at this point. I'm a little far away for you (KS), but I think my price would be more in your range. I have a crap load of accessories, plus all stock parts, and can switch out anything you don't want. I'm second owner, since 8K. Has almost 46K on it now. I've only used Amsoil. No cracks, no dents, never been on her side, but there is a mild scape on the lower left fairing from leaning way over in a corner with stock suspension. New springs and a shim fixed that problem. Here is a picture with most of the extras. I think it looks pretty good for the mileage. I can post more pics later, if interested.

post-1134-0-71909500-1380825305_thumb.jp