CBR1100XX.org Forum

Why won't my XX sell?

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/3556046686.html

I know the miles are high but everyone that's interested splits when I tell them I can't take less than $3000. More than a few salesmen have said it will be a hard sell in Colorado with that many miles, there are just too many other bikes for sale at the same price with 10,000 miles or less. Should I lower it to $2500?

it is a really nice motorcycle but still more than 10 years old and with high mileage.

and it is winter.

my opinion for what it is worth is sell the penske yoshis and the front forks here.

with trade for the old shock/ forks/mufflers in exchange.

and drop the price accordingly. you should be able to come out with more than 3100. even including the time to do the change.

Also the fact that the xx is "favoured" by larger riders and you have the suspension set up and shock spring listed at 185lbs might disuade some heavier people or those who ride two up.

what weight was the original shock set up for? can a guy who is 220lbs ride your bike? will it feel better than and stock xx?

maybe mention that in the ad example set up for 185 lbs and can be dialed in for heavier riders or two up.

Because you're in Denver. I saw it a while ago, but making an offer on a bike thats more than 1000 miles away. . . That and maybe because the economy is a tad flat and bikes don't sell in the winter.

shipping the bike is easy and relatively inexpensive.

As pointed out already change the ad slightly to show adjustability to shocks and rider size.

Not the best time of year to sell unless you are in So. California or Florida or Arizona etc

If you need to sell now then you may be forced to lower the price or change the ad to say $3100.00 obo

but "or best offer" brings out the low ballers.

Personally I think the value is pretty close for the milage since it is a Bird with one of the finest bullet proof engines.

If you can be patient till spring arrives you may find it sells quickly.

If only it was not the slow color! :icon_biggrin:

High mileage 12 year old bike in a bad economy. Most people won't touch a high mileage bike for the risk of it breaking and for the impossible resale issue. Remember, a lot of bikes need a new top end by 15k because people are idiots. The idea that these are bulletproof is foreign.

If your bike was in the NE at the time I bought my VFR back... :icon_wink:

No need to worry about mileage. I sold my 97 XX with 83k miles and Dotetcher ran it up to 139k miles before the bike was wrecked.

Keep the faith as the right buyer is out there.

:icon_biggrin:

Your bike not selling is indeed troubling. I hope it sells for you soon.

The reason I find it troubling is that I need to sell my '02 painted 2001. I was hoping to sell it for $3K, but after seeing the lack of interest in your 'Bird there is absolutely no hope of

me getting the $$$ I need/want to sell it for.

As some of you stated, I DID over-pay at $4400 for my '01, but at the time I WANTED/LUSTED/NEEDED/HAD-TO-HAVE this bike!!! I have enjoyed it tremendously! It is the most incredible bike I've ever owned.

Granted, I haven't owned very many hyper-bikes (i did own a ZX-11D for a few months) but the Blackbird is just about the perfect motorcycle for me..............................................................................

then came the knee surgery and acknowledgement of arthritis in both knees. Sad face. :icon_frown::icon_frown:

After many hours of contemplating whether or not to sell, I have come to the conclusion that it should go to a home where it gets ridden on a regular basis. I have made up my mind that at this stage of my life,

I need only one, do-it-all motorcycle. I am in love with the new CB1100 and need to sell my "bird and '83 1100F. I am expecting to do a Barney Frank on the sale of both bikes but they must go.

silverbird, I hope like hell your bikes sells soon. The mods you have added make it a LOT more special than my ordinary 2001.

Jim

and it is winter.

and bikes don't sell in the winter.

Not the best time of year to sell unless you are in So. California or Florida or Arizona etc

Wait two months. Winter is a bad time to sell two wheeled vehicles.

All Spot on for the CO. bike market.

If you can wait until May - June, when gas prices go sky high again and the weather warms up... it'll be gone at $3,500+.

We'll see, but as far as the Colorado market is concerned right now, I haven't seen jack shit for interest in this bike since it went up for sale in September.

And now some asshole flagged it. It was probably the scammer I told to fuck off and die.

I'll trade ya for a slightly used snowboard and some 'hot hands' warmers..... Those sell like hotcakesin winter...

I fukn hate the craigslist scammers. How many offers have you had if youll take paypal and let a 'soldier' buy it thru a broker? I always post that its CASH (green pieces of paper) in person to the buyer only. Out of a dozen bikes i've bought, I picked up and paid cash for EVERY LAST ONE. Hell, I drove 300mi one way, to pick up my beloved bird... Tell me you didnt post a phone number or your real email?!? prepaid phones and new email EVERYTIME.

I don't think the sale of a bike like this is winter dependant. This is the kind of bike people used to have and wish they hadn't sold it, then go looking for another.

There are a million bikes on Craigsshit that people clueless about the XX are going to buy instead when it warms up. I'm considering just keeping it.

We'll see, but as far as the Colorado market is concerned right now, I haven't seen jack shit for interest in this bike since it went up for sale in September.

And now some asshole flagged it. It was probably the scammer I told to fuck off and die.

Correct... and you won't see any interest in it either why... because the Motorcycle market in Colorado goes like this.... april, MAY, JUNE, JULY, august.... dead.

I don't think the sale of a bike like this is winter dependant. This is the kind of bike people used to have and wish they hadn't sold it, then go looking for another.

There are a million bikes on Craigsshit that people clueless about the XX are going to buy instead when it warms up. I'm considering just keeping it.

Wrong... the sale of a bike like this 99.999% dependent on good luck deal buyer at the right time.... those of us that have truly learned to love and appreciate these bikes are the 0.001%.

• 4 weeks later...

Glad you got a good price for your bike.

I know what you mean by a disturbing experience selling a special bike. My '83 1100F was sold yesterday......I helped load it in the buyers truck and it was pretty damned sad watching it

vanish into the distance. But it is going to Texas so I KNOW it will be happy. :icon_biggrin:

Glad you got a good price for your bike.

I know what you mean by a disturbing experience selling a special bike. My '83 1100F was sold yesterday......I helped load it in the buyers truck and it was pretty damned sad watching it

vanish into the distance. But it is going to Texas so I KNOW it will be happy. :icon_biggrin:

Yeah, I kept having these wierd flashbacks to a trip in '05 and a few other moments I haven't thought of in ages. Very strange.

Gone.

That was rather disturbing watching it trailored off, but I have no regrets and I got more than I was asking so that definitly helps. Thanks to everyone here. So that makes what? 20% of the people posting here still own an XX? :icon_biggrin:

So NOW its really off the market? You sure he took it? I'm just bitter and reeling from 100's of wasted calls from shipping companies. :icon_whistle: