CBR1100XX.org Forum

how to reduce fuel consumption?

pai

my fuel consumption have increased terribly since a major sevicing 1 month ago. i posted b4 regarding tis. 210-220km will hit reserve. there is no improvement since, n instead of waiting n hoping it gets better, i want to do somethin. i am thking of gettin a fuel broquet. any suggestions fr u guys?

What's a fuel broquet?

If your mileage went down after service, then they did something wrong. What did you have service, and how many miles/kilometers on your bike? Fuel mileage often improves after service, if your plugs were old, for example.

Ummmmm.................... :?: :?: :?:

Don't have your Cousin put the throttle to the stop in neutral. :roll: :wink:

I'm having a hard time with the miles to kilometers conversion. (actually just lazy) I don't know if that's good "kilometerage" or not.

Your doing a great job with our language but what is a fuel broquet?

If you just had a major serviceing they screwed something up. Take it back.

Yes, it's a charcoal product.. A "charcoal fuel broquet"

:lol: TJ :lol:

still wating for someone to tell us what a "fuel broquet" is....
I think it's something sold by Kingsford :lol:

Seems like the primary effect is octane enhancement.. As a result,

I don't see how it would be that much more effective..

:cool: TJ :cool:

http://www.broquet.com.sg/

tis is e singapore website. do search ard e internet 4 websites fr other locations.

Last year I went to Deals Gap twice and got 185+ per tank all the way there. This is with huge saddlebags, a monster 'dry bag' on the seat and at no less that 85 mph the entire way.

I tend to agree with you though. We didn't buy a XX for great fuel economy. These things will pass up everything BUT a gas station! :cool:

n one more thing, (sorry but i do hav a lot of things) my fren who rides a XX tried my bike n commented tat my handling is stiff. besides tyre pressure, wat more do i need to check?

I like the colorful dialect.. fren a n tat wat

I don't get anymore than 230km prior to hitting reserve. I used to get 250 and could run to empty at 270km. This was city driving too. I've had the bike since new and its unmodified. I originally found it quite a perplexing issue until I realised that I'd started riding with bag sitting on the tail. Take the bag off and the fuel economy improves - a little.