CBR1100XX.org Forum

Brake lines

wadem

I decided to just take a hammer and put a couple of half gallon dents in the fuel tank to save weight.

:grin: :grin: I had these same thoughts, but I decided to drill a pattern of holes in my tank. It's a little messy at times, but it saved over 24 pounds.

The damn low fuel light is ALWAYS on. I'm thinking about disconnecting it to see if this will lower the drag on the alternator, and give me another .003 HP.

so...

weighed what came off the bike to replace my brake lines with the Speigler set. Total weight is 4.9 pounds (3 lbs is looking optimistic...so my excuse is that there was oil in the lines). Can anyone with a Speigler set of 9 lines that's not on their bike give it a weigh please. :grin:

3 lbs is looking optimistic...

That sounds oddly familiar :poke: :grin:

On a serious note- what exactly did you replace? Reason I ask is I have the entire system (including secondary master cylinder and proportioning valve, which are prusumably still on your bike) weighing in at 3lbs, 15oz.

Anyone aware of differences in the system year to year? This is odd :???:

Before you do.

Check your tire pressure. I find 23.567854psi grips much better in 2-4 inches of snow, but in the drifts, you may want to stop and drop pressure 1.5432psi. Also have you checked the foam density in your gloves?

OH and don't forget the return trip/weight with that 3.5 ounces of man goo I'm gonna leave in your ass after I hand it to you.

Luv ya. :wink:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...