CBR1100XX.org Forum

PINLOCK SYSTEM - ANYONE?

DaveK

Anyone use it? I HATE fogcity sticks....all the dust and dirt that get's around the edge AND it's just NEVER perfect.

I see this PINLOCK system and it looks PERFECT!

I'd buy a Pinlock shield and a insert to keep in the sidebag for times of rain. Fog just makes a rainy ride horrific and scary at times.

A short review from someone here would put me over the top.

Anyone?

Stacy will be getting a Nolan N42 Trilogy before WVEXXT, and that has the Pinlock system... we'll see!

It looks awesome, great review on webbike world, not pricey either.

The shield and insert for the multitec is only $60 beans.

This is the second thread I've seen about Pinlock on bike forums in the last couple of weeks but I'm not sure why.

They've been around years and are great. I just assummed that they are a standard accessory in the same way chain lube, oil, heated grips etc

I've used standard, high (race version), clean and tints and on an Arai and a Schuberth. They all have worked superbly. In my Arai I prefer the race version as it goes higher up the visor which is great if your heads down and you're looking up. My Schuberth had it fitted as standard but my Arai needed the fitting kit (template, pegs etc) but both work just as well.

If you've yet yo try one then do so.

If you have an HJC helmet, you should be able to order a fog-free shield for it. They are usually standard equipment in clear, but they also have a tinted version. If I stop in traffic, I usually get a little moisture on the shield right under my nose, but it doesn't block my vision and it re-evaporates as soon as I'm moving again. I like them better than an insert because there are no borders, it covers the whole shield, and there is no distortion. Fog City inserts aren't very clear. Scorpion has similar.

If you have an HJC helmet, you should be able to order a fog-free shield for it. They are usually standard equipment in clear, but they also have a tinted version. If I stop in traffic, I usually get a little moisture on the shield right under my nose, but it doesn't block my vision and it re-evaporates as soon as I'm moving again. I like them better than an insert because there are no borders, it covers the whole shield, and there is no distortion. Fog City inserts aren't very clear. Scorpion has similar.

Shoei Multitec. Wish they had one.

I have a fog-city insert stuck on the inside of my old Schuberth. It's funny, because it never fogs up, but my glasses still do, so I'm still screwed.

Duh Ben....pinlocks for your glasses! Really really tiny ones.

Where have you been? :0)

I have a fog-city insert stuck on the inside of my old Schuberth. It's funny, because it never fogs up, but my glasses still do, so I'm still screwed.

There are sprays that you can use on your glasses to keep them from fogging. Just be careful if you have an antiglare coating on the lenses, the spray might remove it. I think Fog City makes one, if not, just check the Dennis Kirk or Chapparal catalogs, they should carry it.

Two words.. Respro Foggy. It's the best $24 I ever spent. I ride year round and not a bit of fog (and it get cold in CO!).

http://www.aerostich.com/off-and-riding/sc...reathguard.html

No go for flip ups. I wish though.

Not true!

The Shubert C3 has pinlock mount from the factory. Brilliant!

The system looks pretty neat. I can't find a dealer that can get me a pinlock-adapted Arai faceshield, though. Anyone with any ideas? Arai Quantum, FWIW

Two words.. Respro Foggy. It's the best $24 I ever spent. I ride year round and not a bit of fog (and it get cold in CO!).

http://www.aerostich.com/off-and-riding/sc...reathguard.html

No go for flip ups. I wish though.

Not true!

The Shubert C3 has pinlock mount from the factory. Brilliant!

I was refering to his recommendation of using the froggy. The website says they do not work on flip ups.

The system looks pretty neat. I can't find a dealer that can get me a pinlock-adapted Arai faceshield, though. Anyone with any ideas? Arai Quantum, FWIW

Yeah Phillip, after a bit of research and a call to the company all you need are the pins and a lense.

You can put tape on both sides of a shield, drill your own holes and pop in the pinlocks yourself.

Did it to my HJC this weekend....took about 5 minutes and works amazing.