CBR1100XX.org Forum

Drain Plug washers

blkbrdrydr

A couple of months ago, I bought a CR-V week and I took it in for its first oil change last week. In looking over the service invoice, I noticed that it uses the exact same drain plug washer (part #94109-14000) that is used for the XX.

Believe it or not, some local motorcycle dealers don't always keep those things in stock or some actually charge more than $1.00 each for them. Since my 1993 Goldwing uses the same washer, I've learned to keep a supply of them around but if I ever needed one in a hurry and for less than $0.20 each... I'd just go to my local Honda car dealership and pick up all that I needed.

Just FYI. I changed The oil in my Blackbird a few days ago. I dropped the drain plug and that washer went somewhere in the corner of my garage never to be found again. I unwillingly screwed the drain plug back in, put in the oil, and waited for the leaking to start. To my surprise, It hasn't leaked a drop. Although I'll probably get one when I get a chance, In reality, it seems that you really don't need that little pissant washer! Ron

O.K. heres a cheap way to reuse COPPER washers. Heat till orange with propane torch. Immediately drop in water. It will expand and re-anneal(soften) the copper. Its basically brand new. Good for at least 5 oil changes,. Am I cheap or what?

Have you figured out how much propane you're wasting on that work? Could be, easily, 25 cents worth. Why don't you just put them on your exhaust pipe when you get home and do it for free? Or start a fire in your yard? For maximum savings, use pieces of your neighbor's fence for fuel.

Have you figured out how much propane you're wasting on that work? Could be, easily, 25 cents worth. Why don't you just put them on your exhaust pipe when you get home and do it for free? Or start a fire in your yard? For maximum savings, use pieces of your neighbor's fence for fuel.

:pointup: :pointup: :pointup: :pointup: