CBR1100XX.org Forum

Rode on new 45/46's sat.!!!!!

Pete in PA

Ok that does it. These are the tires that I am going to before the Hoot in June. Was just waiting for a couple of you guys to post some more on them.

Thanks,

Ken

did a 300 miler on the Roads sun. :cool: , granted the road conditions where not all that good but a nice 10 miler and rode about 7/10ths :grin:

very stable and tar snakes have no effect on them :) Flicked back and forth at about 80 mph and could not get even a shake out of them :shock:

are they any better than the Avons :???: I don't know, but they certainly can't be any worse :wink:

Either tire from what I have been reading and hearsay is great. Their are two advantages to the Avons.

1- about $20.00 a set cheaper

2- they actually have a 1,000 mile defect warrenty on the tire

Ken get the Avons :grin: so we can compare notes :wink:

Harry

BTW: I remember seeing some posts of feeling the tread rumble at low speeds, 5 to 10 mph. I have not felt this. :grin:

There is a nice curvy road I go on where they decided to machine grooves in the pavement only in some corners. Why, I don't know. To mess with sport bikes? winter traction? Whatever. But these Avons don't react badly with them.

Did 381 miles yesterday (Sun.) :grin: , the road cond. are still a little messy, but I found one rd. Rt. 873 that was 80 percent clean. Did a couple 100MPH sweepers without really pushing it :cool: . These are the best handling tire's ever :grin: , and I have 45,000 miles on the bird so I have been through about 1-2 tires :lol: , looks like the Roads and the Avons are the best choices for the bird (my opinion :wink: ).

I will have a mileage figure by the end of June when I go to the C.O.G. National, along with deals Gap. :grin: , Cherohala skyway and the B.R.P. and of course lets not forget W.V. :cool: :cool:

Harry

I rode 205's last year and for my first 2 trips of this year. I was wary of leaning too far and they surely walked a bit in deeper turns at any speed. These were my first sport tires on my first sport bike so I had no basis by which to compare how (badly) the 205's handled. I figured they were above average and that some sportier riders were just picky.

Now I've felt the Avons and man do I have the word for these sticky mothers:

FUN!

Man, I can't wait to get used to these things. These Avons transform the ride completely. I did not think a 275lb guy on a 500lb bike could go to the edge of a tire on West Virginia roads. I was wrong. I can't wait to ride again!

Now I see how you guys scrape shit on your bikes.

Oh, they do rumble when I am pushing Her out of the garage, but not at all on the road.

Squeeser, what part of W.V. are you from :grin: , you do relize of course you have the best roads east of the Miss. :cool:

Harry

Ps. been in that state 5-6 times and still havent hit all the good roads yet. maybe we can convince Joe for the 2004 NEXXT :wink:

The rear tire had 9/32's" when new. A little dissapointed to see 7/32's" now in the middle with 700 miles on it. Those real shallow tread lines that swirl across are just about flush at the middle.

Front no measureable wear. Can't even feel any slight cupping by running hand across both ways. :grin:

42 psi rear 40 front. No burnouts, tires too expensive. :shock:

• 1 month later...

Well, here is the first negative thing on the 45/46"s

At 2500 miles the rear is down to 3/32nds :cry:

I don't do burnouts, just ride pretty hard. If the wear rate doesn't slow down this could be almost the worst rear for wear i've used.

Starting to question allignment again, in another post.

The front is great, no cupping, forgot to measure though.

Already thinking what next, Roads? Will see how they wear when you guys start wearing them out.

I have 2700 miles on mine now, didn't measure the depth, but if the wear doesn't slow down, they'll be gone soon. I don't do burnouts, but i ride pretty hard. The sides are in excellent shape, no chicken strips.

But i love them. I don't know what i'll run next.

Well, at just over 7500 miles (corrected for speedo error) my rear is definitely shot. You can barely make out the tread lines in the center. The front, as with most of the Avons, seems to be good for about two rears, or nearly so. The rear is flattened but gently, so there isn't a ridge as with all the other brands I've tried. It is still neutral in turns, except right in the area of a slight lean where it rolls onto the flatter center.

Phenomenal performance, and the life is nearly as long as the crap touring tires like the D205 and BT57.

I think 7500 is a reasonable wear lifetime for a rear tire on a roadbike, especially if the tire performs well overall.

Swamp, How did you get 7500miles to bald out of the rear?? at 2500 miles I'm at 3/32 in the middle. Did I get a bad tire? I'm running 42 psi is it too high? Am I out of allignment? Or will the wear rate slow down now and I will get 7500 miles?

How the hell do you get 7500 miles out of a rear????????????

There is no way mine is going to last 5000 miles.

I'm running 40 psi in the rear. Like i said, no burnouts, no high speed runs, no stupid shit just riding.

I'm starting to wonder if it's our shitty roads in PA, but I think that would be offset by the hotter temps in the southwest. This tire thing is REALLY starting to irritate me! Every time I think I found my new tire something goes wrong, cupping, wear etc.

How the hell do you get 7500 miles out of a rear????????????

There is no way mine is going to last 5000 miles.

I'm running 40 psi in the rear. Like i said, no burnouts, no high speed runs, no stupid shit just riding.

Same here (4500 miles on the tire with roughly 1000 to go to the wear mark). Freeway riding does not help.

Hugo