CBR1100XX.org Forum

Anyone using Rotella T

Ronnie

Hard to find a better dino oil, at a better cost. (Rotella T 15W-40) Mobil's Delvac 1300 is a similar 15W-40 dino oil. Both work great in a wet clutch environment. I ran both Mobil One 15W-50 synth, and Mobil Delvac 1300 dino....in my ST1100 and could not tell a difference in terms of shifting and rideability.

I would love to see test results that show viscosity retention compared against other synthetics; that's one of the biggest advantages of synth, giving you extended drain intervals.

Nothing wrong with Rotella.  Swamp's brother uses it on all his bikes, I recall. It's good oil.

Is it anything like Nutella---???????? :lol::lol::lol:

I was itching to do this one (but I still have an ounce of self respect :grin: :grin:).

Hugo

Yep, using RotellaT 5w-40 syn and plan to keep using it. Like the weight for those cold MN starts that coming all too soon. What change intervals r used guys doing using the RotellaT? Are any of u going out to Honda's recommended 8k or is your rotation the more typical 4-5k? I just switched over to RotellaT 5w-40 (from Honda GN) and have about 4k on this rotation and trying to decide what to do. Thanks in advance.

I did the Mobil 1 at 5k miles this time. I think I'll do 4k from now on with the color that came out and the harder shifting I got.

After all I want to keep this bike a long time. 100k miles at least. Since it hasn't been improved or maybe discontinued. :cry:

I do 4k changes, generally have been using Mobil One 15W-50 red cap to this point.

If I used dino oil, I would judge the change interval by shifting quality....if it deteriorated, then that would be the signal that the viscosity point has changed. But in any case, no more than 4k unless it was continuous mileage.