CBR1100XX.org Forum

Speedometer sensor wire

XXBIRD

Where is the easiest access to speed sensor wire to tap into, what color, etc? Anyone knows? It is 2002, btw. Thanks.

My manual is for a 97-98. The speed sensor is on top of the gear box right near the coolant reservoir. You have to lift the gas tank to access the top of the gear box.

Where is the easiest access to speed sensor wire to tap into, what color, etc? Anyone knows? It is 2002, btw. Thanks.

My manual is for a 97-98. The speed sensor is on top of the gear box right near the coolant reservoir. You have to lift the gas tank to access the top of the gear box.

+1....I have tapped into the wire for 2 applications, the pro-oiler and my cruise control. It comes straight up from the tranny. (99 bird)

• 7 months later...
Thanks all... Now I can start on the project. :icon_evilgrin:

I installed my pro oiler today on my 02 and I tapped the pink wire, did I use the right one? I'm having problems with the sensor when I'm in test mode I get a C7 and then flashes another value.

when on the ot screen I only get the ""00." value and not the "00" value that the manual says before turning the tire.

Chris,

The value you see is most likely the total number of signals it has received till then. You need to reset it and start spinning the wheel to count the signals. It should be about 70+ for one revolution.

Well I went back out last night and figure the c7 flash then 50 was telling me 750 revs for the 10 turns. No where in the manual does it tell you. I watched the signal as I turned 1.5 turns and it said c1 plus 05, which then I figured the c represented 100's.

Went for a ride today and the pro-oiler is working great. Hookersxx here I come all lubed and ready.