CBR1100XX.org Forum

Creations Engine Armour

blkbrdrydr

When my XX was improperly secured by the towing company driver who was transporting it to the nearest Honda dealership, my left side alternator cover was badly scratched.

Insurance paid for the damage but rather than replace that cover, I'm tempted to use the money and purchase some Creations Engine Armour.

Although there's a write up concerning these products in the Product Review section of this site... I've never seen the product and am wondering if anyone on this list has ever used these covers on their bikes.

It also appears as if the right hand clutch cover isn't completely covered by these things so I'd be interested in knowing which color of paint could be used to best match the color of carbon fiber and how to paint the right hand engine cover.

http://www.enginearmour.net/

I have them on my bike - but I wouldn't recomend them any longer due to the fact that they turn a whiteish/gray color due to heat.

They look great when 1st installed, but will turb soon enough!

Possible alternative:

Lightly sand scratches & have powder coated - possibly black (if not already).

Good Luck!

XX RATED, Its John here from Creations I had some grief last year with contaminated resin, any covers that have turned I will replace free of charge.

blkbrdrydr, I have tried to keep as much material around the original cases as possible so as to retain all the correct forms, all the points that have been removed are for access.

%7Boption%7D

blkbrdrydr, I have tried to keep as much material around the original cases as possible so as to retain all the correct forms, all the points that have been removed are for access.

I'd already ordered the Carbon Armour Kit from the Bike Johnny Store on Tuesday so I'm pleased that I've nothing to be concerned about.

Thanks

Here is a picture of my discolored engine armour case covers. It happened to both sides on my bike....WOW John....I just sent you an email to see how I get my replacement. I have had them for a bit over a year.....I would LOVE to have non-discolored ones !

THANKS !

You can see the discoloration around the edging. Mine look almost brown at this point.....John is a true business man if he replaces the defective ones. Jack and I will keep everyone updated !

20039101603921628523339.jpg

David

That si what I want mine to look like !

John already emailed me to let me know that he will have a new set of carbon fiber engine armour out to me in a Jiffy !

I will keep everyone a-breast and post pictures of the old and new as soon as I get them !

Thanks JOHN...you are one stand up business man !

I was considering these until I spoke to Jack an NEXXT and he showed me the discoloration problem ...now that it seem to be fixed...I will get some ...they look great on ApolloXX's bike...Ill wait until Dave and Jack post replacement pics...do it as part of my winter make over.

Ralph

Cheers for your comments of support.

Replacing them is the least I can do, just wish I could be doing the whole job for you.

I developed them for my own bike and I know they work thats how the business started so it was a complete pisser when I started getting bad batches of resin. The supplier had no answers for me to start with so I Just carried on thinking it was an isolated case that had discoloured, unfortunately around 75 litres of resin had been used !!!! thats a lot of replacements, but I will continue to sort any out that I hear about.

Thanks again

D.H :oops:

• 4 weeks later...

FUCKING A !

30 days EXACTLY and I just received my new and improved Carbon Fiber case covers.

John.....THANK YOU ! I have never experienced such service. I usually have to speak to my credit card company, write 2 or 3 letters, and make 20 to 30 dollars worth of phone calls before I see any action.

I got a CCT from Orchard Express Motorcycle Parts 1 year ago...ASSHOLE still won't return my calls ! :lol:

But seriously...You are a STAND UP business man and have my 100% recommendation when people ask "How do you like those carbon covers"

DAVE

I think these look great, but my concern is do they act as insulators. Meaning do they transfer heat to the ambient air around them. I wouldn't want my stator or clutch to get overheated on a long trip.

• 4 months later...

First let me apologize for bumping this thread but i feel it necessary to do so in order to re-enforce my opinion regarding Custom Creations Engine Armor...I purchased my alternator cover last august/september timeframe and recently notice several "discolored/deformaties" on it...sent a complaint to John and he expessed his apology for the quality and explained to me the problem, then he offered to send me a replacement...not only did he send me a replacement but he sent me one for the clutch side as well...If you dont have any of these get some and feel safe when ordering from these guys...they come in carbon fiber as well as kevlar...And they offer a little piece of mind and look great...I HIGHLY recommend buying from John!! check them out at http://www.enginearmour.net/

The full set includes:

L/H Generator for 50 pounds

R/H Pulse/WP Starter for 50 pounds

R/H Clutch Full Set for 65 pounds

or all three for 155 pounds...

the pic for the bird only shows two large covers, presumably for the first and last (not the R/H Pulse WP Starter), totalling 115 pounds...

Is this correct? About how long is the wait? Looks like 30 days....

thx for the input,

-John