CBR1100XX.org Forum

national cycle cheetah sst sheild

matey_peeps

ya their goofy looking but i discovered they're only $15.95 from nationalcycle.com. hell for less than $22 to my door i'll try it.

CBR900-570.jpg

looks like they offer above average wind protection, available in light and dark tint for the XX. full review when i get it.

I really like my SST. In fact I just ordered another one for a spare. Took my Givi off and put this one on.

It does not look like the photo above though for the bird. I don't think it looks bad at all.

Ken

20038141682780607244533.jpg

20038145334967573333351.jpg

Hookman, What are the differences between the GIVI and the SST? I will be interested in getting one of those- mainly because my pillion complains about the wind at speeds over 120kph. Do you have a pillion to help with the evaluation? If not, pick up a passenger who is about 5'-6" and offer her a fast ride :lol: .

Thanks,

TimXX

Hookman, What are the differences between the GIVI and the SST?

I really like the looks of this screen. The Givi offers a little more protection, but I am only 5'8" and dont seem to notice the difference. Now I hardley ever ride too up so not sure how it is with someone on the back.

But for $21 shipped you really can't go wrong if you don't like it.

Ken

TimXX -

FWIW, Don has a Zero Gravity (Sport Touring model) shield on his bike ($80). I just rode close to 700 miles on it this past weekend and wasn't bothered by the wind. (see Mackinac Bridge Ride Report post in The Pub).

I know someone who just put the Cheetah on their VFR and he's not happy with the looks -- says his bike looks like a Triceratops now. :lol:

I've had a Cheetah SST (Dark or smoke) on mine for 1 1/2 years now. I really like the looks of it, but as far as improvement over the stock shield, there ain't much. If you're buying it for wind protection, save your $19.95 and pick up a bargain at K-Mart during a blue light special. If you're buying for looks, go for it. :lol:

big diference in the way the passenger feels over the givi, cheeta better givi lots of buffeting (xxbird told me so) I have the cheeta, unfortunatly I bought mine right before the prices whent down so I paid 50 bucksish for mine. all in all its a decent screen for espeacily for the price.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi XXers,

I am asking for an update on this question because there seemed to be differences of opinion whether Givi, Cheetah ST or Zero Gravity ST gives the least buffeting for a passenger. I need something for my constant passenger since she bangs my head when I go faster than 120 kph [Approx 75mph]. She says her head gets blown from side to side above those speeds. You all know how hard it is to ride below these speeds :sad: .

So- any feedback and opinions? I have to get something within 2 weeks since we are planning another trip then.

Thanks a bunch

TimXX -

I will ride with hubby on his XX from time to time, so I'll try to help you from a pillion's viewpoint.

If hubby goes at speeds above 120, and I'm looking around him as he's reaching these speeds, it's hard for me to get my head positioned directly behind his because of the force. But when I "do" have my head directly behind his, he can reach speeds up to 135 before my helmet feels like it's going to be pulled off (but it doesn't, of course). Buffeting is really no problem, but I wear earplugs. Suggest earplugs to your girl, if she doesn't already use them, she'll love them. I wear the type with a cord that attaches to each so I won't lose them (Home Depot $2, green ones).

Windscreen: ZG Sport Touring (dark smoke color, $89)

My Helmet: Shoei RF900

My height: 5'6"

Hubby's height: 6'

Hope this helps ya some. :grin:

from what I have been told xxbird's wife like the cheeta better says the givi gave lots of buffeting, and cheeta mucho better, I have a cheeta, and I have no complaints from my girlfreind on the back and she sits way up, as I am only 5'7 and she is 5'10 so she is definatly above my helmit and with the cheeta its ok

I think you will like it Don. I like mine better the my Givi. Looks better, but I don't ride with anyone on the back that often.

Ken

i did my ss1k saturday with my cheetah. even in the pissing rain, this screen ROCKS! never tried a givi, had a ZG DB on before and the cheetah's much thicker and darker than the ZG and just seems to be better quality. mucho wind protection. good stuff.

I like mine better the my Givi. Looks better, but I don't ride with anyone on the back that often. Ken

I bought a couple of them a few weeks ago and am still trying to decide if I like it better than the Givi and the OEM.

Maybe part of the problem is that I have a 2001 and the OEM screen delivers the air blast almost exactly the same way that the Cheetah does.

If I add Saeng Edging to the Cheetah, it's pretty much the same as the Givi. :roll:

Hmmm.....

Guess that it just comes down to my opinion regarding which one looks the best to me.

Thanks for all the feedback. I have a 2002, which I think has a higher screen than the 2000 and earlier bikes. The screen is fine for me, it is just my passenger who gets buffetted unless she places her head against my back- and then she can't see.

How tall is the Cheeta, does it have a flip? So far that sounds like the best idea.

Thanks again,

TimXX