CBR1100XX.org Forum

Chain Oilers

OZDave

Ok. I want an automatic chain oiler. Any comments on the various types would be appreciated. Anyone had experience with...

Scott oiler....Gravity feed?

Pro oiler... Automatic Pump feed?

Hawkeoiler... Manual pump feed?

etc (any others?)

Pros and cons??????

I posted this originally on the Australian site but thought I'd share it around. :icon_angel: I'm a sharing kinda guy.

Ok. I want an automatic chain oiler. Any comments on the various types would be appreciated. Anyone had experience with...

Scott oiler....Gravity feed?

Pro oiler... Automatic Pump feed?

Hawkeoiler... Manual pump feed?

etc (any others?)

Pros and cons??????

I posted this originally on the Australian site but thought I'd share it around. :icon_angel: I'm a sharing kinda guy.

I have tried them all over the years.

There is NO QUESTION that the Pro Oiler is the FINEST oiler out there. A bit more spendy than the others, and worth every cent, I promise you!

Those are the damn things that merit a Group Buy!

Did I hear "Group Buy" again???

I'm utterly powerless against this shit. :icon_rolleyes: :icon_wall:

So, if I put a Pyramid CF Hugger (potentially another GB, John??) on my Bird, would there be any problems with installation of the oiler in that configuration?? WC???

Did I hear "Group Buy" again???

I'm utterly powerless against this shit. :icon_rolleyes: :icon_wall:

So, if I put a Pyramid CF Hugger (potentially another GB, John??) on my Bird, would there be any problems with installation of the oiler in that configuration?? WC???

I hope not since I have a Pyramid Hugger on already and want an Oiler someday.

You are all hooked up... I have a Red Fox hugger on my Blackbird, and it has no impact on the Pro Oiler whatsover.

You are all hooked up... I have a Red Fox hugger on my Blackbird, and it has no impact on the Pro Oiler whatsover.

WC

Does that mean your are going to organize the Group Buy on the Pro Oiler ?? :icon_wink::icon_wink::icon_wink:

I've got a Scott oiler... Works flawlessly, although it tends to be a bit messy. I'd rather have to clean things once in a while than carry chain lube everywhere, though. I get about 30+k out of a chain.

I got a Hawke and I like it. I like the manual control that allows me to chose (low speed, heading into the gas pump or whatever other stop I might be making) when I oil the chain. I manually lube the chain too.

Replaced the OEM chain this winter at ~23,000 miles and there was chain life/adjustment left.

Put it on my tab, officer. When the group buy happens, I'm in.

Now there's a positive response. :icon_biggrin: Thanks guys. Don't forget to ask about shipping costs to Australia Warchild. :icon_wink:

BTW Has anyone found a neat way to install the things without the ugly zip ties down the swingarm? Industrial double sided tape, hot melt glue???

I just finished installing my Pro-oiler, and I second warchild....the thing is just superb. Programming it is not an easy task for the math challenged, though. The flexibility of the programming is stupendous! It will oil according to your schedule, AND you can always prime it to get a good slick on. I am going to try today to install an in-line LED to blink whenever the pump is actuated. (just for shits and giggles)

As far as routing down the swingarm, I am thinking about drilling small entrance & exit holes for the line. Any of you engineers know why I shouldn't?

Just checking the prices :icon_eek: Bloody hell! AU $305 EXCLUDING TAXES. Any news on a group buy WC? :icon_neutral:

I'll probably still get one though. :icon_frown: But...That dogey looking one with the manual squeese bottle is starting to look good :icon_biggrin:

D. ,

You and your GROUP BUYS... :icon_twisted:

I've been eyeing one of those for a while...

this is one group buy I'll definately have to JOIN IN on. I guess I'll just have to find the money. :icon_biggrin::icon_rolleyes:

Talked to Pablo again; we are a go here. Prolly line this GB up in another week or so.

One of the awesome upgrades Pro-Oiler has done in the last year or so is the creation of an entirely new "self-centering" dual nozzle system, so oil is uniformly distributed on both sides of the chain:

IPB Image

IPB Image

BTW, Dale,

Can you pin this in the GB section when it happens?

It's pretty easy to lose a thread topic in this forum. It seems to get buried pretty quickly with new posts and ends up with 2-3 pages of new posts on ahead of it. Just an observation, IMO.

Ok, this one will take my group buy 'cherry' :icon_biggrin:

I've sucessfully avoided all the previous farkles and bling, but this one I can't resist, I've been looking at pro-oilers for a bit as well.