CBR1100XX.org Forum

My house project

tvking

• 4 weeks later...

I added a build-your-own area rug from FLOR in the great room, in front of the couch. I think it turn out great but I'm thinking that it needs to be bigger, extend out from the ft of the couch more. I think the part in front of chaise looks a little wimpy.

Whatcha think?

3204351189_eaa75bd0c8_b.jpg

3205205582_e8d60488af_b.jpg

3205210854_62441ae670_b.jpg

Another row would add about 20'' to the rug. I need to order some to finish out what I have anyway......

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!! I just saw this post for the first time! You did all this from a chair?! There are guys who call themselves contractors around here who can't produce what you did with 3 guys working for them. My Dad I have built a couple of houses together mine is a 3,800sq ft Cape and his 6,000 sq ft monster contemporary in Jamestown I know just how much time and effort it takes and you should be incredibly proud!! Good luck with the rest of the project.

• 3 months later...

Stunning, absolutely stunning. Real talent, I don't care who you are, that is really beautiful, but I know who you are and had no idea you were so incredibly skilled. But the design is the real impressive part.

Hope to see it in person some day.

3131253449_0dbba24f5c_b.jpg

Everything Looks awesome.... except the photo above.....

Your Colors are all out of order... and your yellows are not graduated....

:icon_biggrin:

Place is looking fantastic. Very tastefully done.

I second that.....I Like it too.

Stunning, absolutely stunning. Real talent, I don't care who you are, that is really beautiful, but I know who you are and had no idea you were so incredibly skilled. But the design is the real impressive part.

Hope to see it in person some day.

+1

• 3 months later...

Still slowly plodding away.

Finished the tile on the master bath floor. Debated long and hard about the blue tile but in the end decided to go big or go home. Probably not everyone's cup of tea, but I like it. Use an epoxy grout like I did in the rest of the house.

3809270333_787dcdabd1_b.jpg

The sub-floor in the shower was recessed 2 1/2 '' so that the finished shower floor height would flush with the bath floor.

3809279735_6b803424bd_b.jpg

I had a custom Corian shower floor made to fit the recess. I decided that it would be easier to keep clean than a tile floor with all the grout joints.

3810087364_fe6962462a_b.jpg

I was hoping to get all the concrete backer board up today but didn't quite make it. Probably finish tomorrow then I'm ready for tile. I suppose that means that I have to pick out some tile, huh?

3810197820_38e0eb4416_b.jpg

Surprise development......

Got a knock on the door yesterday afternoon. It was a paving guy I had talked to last year when he was doing a neighbors drive, but had decided it wasn't in the budget.

Anyway, he gave me this song and dance about having two truck loads left over from a big job, and shot me a 'rock bottom' price to avoid have to just dump it. Not sure I believe he'd have to dump it, I'd think it could go back to the plant......

Regardless, the price he quoted was more than a dollar a foot less than he quoted last year.

Only did about 1/3 of the drive but it's a huge improvement.

3817291819_27ae841f6c_b.jpg

3818072426_7728d626fc_b.jpg

3818067830_2785e1d75f_b.jpg

Same story I had here, bet its the same outfit. They will be back a dozen times. Tell them to lay the rest and you will pay when you get some money. You will get to the guys that really run it. He don't know anything till the money don't show up. Don't even know how much you owe. But he wants you to pay now, not when you said you would.

I had my driveway done like that. The good old extra load I have to dump speech.... I had my driveway done for 3,000 less than qoute from another guy and after a year plus all I have to say was good deal... When they are paying guys day wages and have all the equipment out they have to pay for a whole day and then some so you can really work out deals.

House looks good!

• 1 month later...

Shower update:

Finally got the shower tile done. Still have wainscot tiling to do around the rest of the room.

I went with a 2x2 mosaic tile. It turned out fine but it was a royal pain. 12x12's would have been much easier. The 2x2's are on a 12x12 mesh sheet but it still was a hassle keeping everything lined up. The accent tiles are 1x1 cobalt blue glass tiles.

I used an epoxy grout which is more difficult to work with but is darn near indestructible. I might have over done it with the random blue tiles. I think it looks a little too busy. I'm gonna live with it for a while and see if it grows on me. I can pop some out and replace them with a white tiles if it doesn't.

Need to get the finish plumbing buttoned up. Might be ready for a shower by the weekend. :icon_biggrin:

4010031048_0e6bbe6cf8_b.jpg

4009268189_78d1fe5701_b.jpg