CBR1100XX.org Forum

ext' warranty?

flk

Seems like I saw a thread recently about ext' warranties but can't find it. If I remember, there were others available from 3rd party that were more cost effective than Hondas. Close to running out on both my 'bird and my RT and wondering if anybody has experience and/or names of companies that provide them.

thanks,

Francis

NO! The aftermarket coverages are shit and are more expensive.

Dealer cost on the official 4-year extension is $300, MSRP is $600. My dealer will sell it to anyone I refer by phone for $450. It covers everything that the original warranty does, no deductibles, no bullshit. If you keep your HRCA membership, together they even cover expenses if you get stranded overnight, and more.

I'm currently looking at getting the extended protection plan also. I have emailed several dealers to request quotes for the Honda Protection Plan. I will give everyone a few more days to respond and will report back what I find. So far the best price I got was $395 for the 4 year extension.

Let us know. Mine is about to run out to, but $400.00 for four years sounds good to me.

Chad

I will. If anybody else is interested, leave a message here. If there is any chance of getting a volume discount based on the number of members interested, I will attempt to get a better price. I am going to give my email inquiries till Wednesday and see what I have by them. I may also try calling a few dealers.

What Carlos said :cool: If your planning on putting some miles on go for it I average about 15,000 a year :cool: and mine paind for itself and then some

New steering head bearing, went with tappered

New rear shock

With parts and labor about $700.00

My cost 0 :wink:

Harry

Any chance on getting one of those warranties for my '97 with 10k miles?

I purchased it used about 2 months ago from a local Honda dealer. They wanted about $600 for a 1 year warranty. I told them to pound salt.

Let us know. Mine is about to run out to, but $400.00 for four years sounds good to me.

Chad

Chad,

With the miles you put on your bike, it's a no-brainer (I went for the extended warranty in January).

Hugo

How long is the factory warranty good for? I have a 01. Would an extended warranty be a good idea for someone who rides very little? Just to be on the safe side? Since I go to school, I have only put 1,100 miles on it, spends most of its time parked :cry: Thanks for any help!

Steve

Joe, to be honest with you, it was an inheritance (I am only 24). So, I did not buy the bike. I would like to ride more, but time does not permit at this time since I go to school. Its not like I neglect it though, nothing could be farther from the truth. Heated garage, stays covered, started frequently and the like. I treat my bike like a queen :wink:

Thats why if you see my posts/questions, they appear to be elementary. I am learning as MUCH as I can about it.

When I ride though, I RIDE. I love this bike, and I don't ever plan on selling it! :lol:

Steve

Update on what I have received back so far.

Two email replies and 1 dealer I have to call.

1st email reply

Thank you for considering Honda of Russellville on your HPP purchase.

Honda offers a 12mo 24mo 36mo & 48mo Honda care protection plan.

12 mo msrp is $330.00 plus tax, your price is $265.00 plus tax.

24 mo msrp is $370.00 plus tax, your price is $285.00 plus tax.

36 mo msrp is $470.00 plus tax, your price is $335.00 plus tax.

48 mo msrp is $570.00 plus tax, your price is $385.00 plus tax.

Please give me a call or send me your number & I will go over the coverage & the total price.

Thank you

Roger Shatwell

479-968-2233

2nd email reply

Honda offers extended warranty from 1 to 4 years.

Honda's price is $627 for the 4 year.

I can let you have the 4 year warranty for $395.

We take credit cards over the phone or you can send a check, which ever is

easier.

If I can help in any way, please let me know.

Alan Landes

Blue Ridge Powersports

1-800-296-2735

They are pretty close for the cost of the 4 year warranty. I am going to try and call a few of the other dealers that didn't respond yet and will post any results. I am also going to ask about any type of volume discount we might get. Including myself, it appears that there might be 3 of us interested. When I talk to them, I will see what kind of discount we can get with 3, 5, and 10 unit purchases for the 48 month. Will update Thursday night.

NO! The aftermarket coverages are shit and are more expensive.

Dealer cost on the official 4-year extension is $300, MSRP is $600. My dealer will sell it to anyone I refer by phone for $450. It covers everything that the original warranty does, no deductibles, no bullshit. If you keep your HRCA membership, together they even cover expenses if you get stranded overnight, and more.

this is unlimited mileage too---if you sell the bike, the will send you a pro-rated refund---I paid $350 for 5 years (total) for the 929-I may actually use it, as the trackdays are pretty hard on it

I called and talked to the three individuals that emailed me and here is what I got.

Honda of Russellville - Contact Roger Shatwell - 479-968-2233

4 year HPP = $385 + 7.62% tax = $414.35

no discount for us

Directline parts Inc. - Contact Jon - 800-785-6761

4 Year HPP = $440 no tax

no discount for us

BlueRidge Powersports - Contact Alan Landes - 800-296-2735

4 Year HPP = $395 no tax

Discounted price if we can get 5 or more to buy at the same time - $375

It looks like BlueRidge is the best deal even if we don't get the discount.

From looking through the thread, it looks like there are 5 of us.

FLK, Chester, FloridaXXbird, Bhanxx, and myself. So if all of you or anybody else are definitely interested, we should try and coordinate to call next week with credit card in hand. I mentioned we would identify ourselves as members of the CBR1100xx owner's org.

Are the 4 of you or anybody else ready to buy? If so, I would like to coordinate so we can call on Monday or Tuesday.

I believe we will need our VIN number, current mileage, and should know when our original warranty runs out.

I just got back from my dealer ( motorcycle) to find out more about my warranty. It seems when I bought my bike, I also bought the PCP (Prefered custermer plan). What is included in the PCP, is a 2 year extention of the factory warranty :-o . So I still have 2 more years :grin: :grin: . YAHOO!!! At the end of this, it should put me at least 60,000 miles. I'll get my money's worth allright. So I will not be doing a group buy in :sad: .

Chad

flk,

thanks for doing the research. now that i know the price, i will think on it asap and get back at ya. where is the best place to go to get details on the coverage? i read it once when i bought the bike, but have forgotten all the details.

flk,

thanks for doing the research. now that i know the price, i will think on it asap and get back at ya. where is the best place to go to get details on the coverage? i read it once when i bought the bike, but have forgotten all the details.

http://www.hondamotorcycle.com/the_goods/h...es+%26+Scooters

for info on the HPP.

Also, it was me that did the research. Since there are only 4 of us now, it doesn't look like we will be able to get the additional $20 off. So unless somebody else speaks up soon and wants to make it 5, the rest of us should feel free to call one of the contacts above and purchase the 4 year HPP.

Dave

Alan Landes

Blue Ridge Powersports

1-800-296-2735

Alan just called me and says he will sell the 4 year extended warranty to members of the forum for $350 by calling him individually, no need for group rate. it has to be done in the next couple of days so he gets it in on this month's quota. i told him i would post it on the forum.

Someone said earlier that the R/R changed on the '02/'03 models and i checked www.ronayers.com and there is in fact a new model # replacing an older one. does anyone know the track record of the newer R/R and is it less prone to failure. that would be replaced on warranty, right?

At the rate i racking on the miles, i will be approching 60k after 5 years, $350 for extended oem coverage is getting very tempting.

Alan Landes

Blue Ridge Powersports

1-800-296-2735

Alan just called me and says he will sell the 4 year extended warranty to members of the forum for $350 by calling him individually, no need for group rate. it has to be done in the next couple of days so he gets it in on this month's quota. i told him i would post it on the forum.

Someone said earlier that the R/R changed on the '02/'03 models and i checked www.ronayers.com and there is in fact a new model # replacing an older one. does anyone know the track record of the newer R/R and is it less prone to failure. that would be replaced on warranty, right?

At the rate i racking on the miles, i will be approching 60k after 5 years, $350 for extended oem coverage is getting very tempting.

That's interesting. When I talked to him the previous week, it was still $395. I guess as it get near the end of the month, they get desparate for sales. Thursday right before I left for work, and a long weekend, the Honda of Russelville dealer called me and offered it to me for $387 which includes tax.

Is that $350 include tax? I am going to purchase tomorrow.

i forgot to ask about tax, but the previous quote was without tax, so i will ass/u/me there is no tax w the $350 price. month end is the best time to deal on a lotta stuff, esp. on big ticket items like cars.

boy, if this was a hardly, that would be a fantastic deal, but seeing it's a bird u gotta weigh the risks by asking 'how lucky do i feel punk'?