CBR1100XX.org Forum

Pipes - Looking and sounding good!

jimmystartup

I've been thinking about changing out my exhaust for no better reason than a different look and sound. I'm here to ask people to post pictures, links to pictures or media files of different systems and options. I've looked and can't seem to find a consolidated colletion so I figured I'd give it a whirl here. :)

I have the Microns, black to silver fade. I think they look good and sound great. So far no problems regarding qulity, fit or finish, even after having them on for over 25,000 miles.

20046105922378991133348.jpg

I stripped the paint, started sanding with 200 and got finer to about 600. Did it in 1 day. Put some Mothers aluminum polish on her to brighten it up some. Need to finish polishing the rear wheel all the way to 1500 to 2000 grit and start on the front. The front is just the stock wheel with the paint stripped off.

Thanks for the compliments guys. When I lost the auction for the CF scorpions on ebay, I was heartbroken. When I realized it was Phalanx that won the bid, I even tried to get him to sell them to me. They look great on the bird.

I ended up getting a good deal on the Blueflames though. Streetfighters USA was getting rid of all their Blueflames and they sold these to me for just about 500 bucks shipped.

I could have gotten the yoshimura's from them for less, but I liked the look of the dual ports and wanted to be a little different from the guys i ride with.

The sound is deep, no raspiness at all. They're somwehat loud but not as loud as the D&D's. I still set off some car alarms when i blip the throttle.

Overall i'm happy with them, I think they give the bike a little more attitude, especially at idle where the stock exhaust is bone silent.

Someone from the board PM'd me asking how the SSR2's sounded. I figured I would share with the rest of you just in case you were interested.

Here are the soundclips from their website. The actual sound on the XX is a little deeper. I've included the soundclip for the S4 pipe. It's not as deep as that one. As far as loudness, yes! louder than stock, but not so loud as to wake the neighbours once the bike is warmed up. When I first start the bike, I feel it is pretty loud for the neighbourhood I live in, but after a couple of minutes it's good. I also ride in going about 10 km/h and in 2nd gear to keep the rpm's low.

The SSR2's

http://www.vanceandhines.com/sound/S2Rcarb.au

The S4's

http://www.vanceandhines.com/sound/S4.au

It was me, I asked him but cant find a PN# from V&H for them! Anybody know as I want a set of slipons that are NOT raspy like 2 bros so I will go with either V&H or Yosh Zyclone. I would like it a little louder and deeper than stock but not straight through. Guess I'm getting old and totally dislike the sound that all the kids with their 600's make :sad:

Any opinions?

Thanks,

Dave