CBR1100XX.org Forum

Paint job 3.0

tomek

Actually decal job. Track bikes are not painting since life expectancy is low. Been there done that. 

Decals from now on.

17166476909523676902460036564109.jpg

17166477190101899602898962797940.jpg

• Like 1

Oh, yeah. One million plus coach in the background. Back to the bike.

17166477942156851525517679306601.jpg

Does each one have any significance or are they random art?

I assume the fish represents that you are a huge dick. I get that one. The others, not so much.

Random. I got 3 different camo decals. Just cut them in random shapes, random order. Whatever felt "right". 

When I put all pieces on the bike I laughed hysterically for couple minutes. Looks that good in person. Lol. 

Let's be real. Going to the track is retarded in first place, no trophy, costs arm and leg, and you could get injured.  Seriously. Speeds are stupid. The only positive is I don't have the need to ride that aggressively on the street. And, above certain level race track speed does not really do any good for your streets riding. Kinda like mastering F16 won't do shit to your Cessna flying skills. 

So, anyone who does that is fucked in the head to begin with, why to pretend you are serious, adult person. 🤔 

Now, I don't see fish. 

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, tomek said:

Random. I got 3 different camo decals. Just cut them in random shapes, random order. Whatever felt "right". 

When I put all pieces on the bike I laughed hysterically for couple minutes. Looks that good in person. Lol. 

Let's be real. Going to the track is retarded in first place, no trophy, costs arm and leg, and you could get injured.  Seriously. Speeds are stupid. The only positive is I don't have the need to ride that aggressively on the street. And, above certain level race track speed does not really do any good for your streets riding. Kinda like mastering F16 won't do shit to your Cessna flying skills. 

So, anyone who does that is fucked in the head to begin with, why to pretend you are serious, adult person. 🤔 

Now, I don't see fish. 

I almost had my son use his vinyl cutting skills to do my track bike with a huge Indian motorcycle logo on the sides and decal it out as such for fun. Its a track bike, all for fun and enjoyment. Rattle canned paint job worked for me, random stickers and logos of what's on it was his idea minus the number plate. 

20240313_200354.jpg

9 hours ago, tomek said:

Let's be real. Going to the track is retarded in first place, no trophy, costs arm and leg, and you could get injured.

I’m sure it still costs money, but don’t most people use a cheap aftermarket body kit in place of the OEM plastics and paint/decal as they please because it’s cheaper and more expendable?

2 hours ago, Zero Knievel said:

I’m sure it still costs money, but don’t most people use a cheap aftermarket body kit in place of the OEM plastics and paint/decal as they please because it’s cheaper and more expendable?

Yes, cheap if you figure race body work runs from $700 to $1000 primer coated unpainted for normal and several thousand for carbon fiber.

Go take a look at sportbiketrackgear.com, everything is expendable in track riding. :lol:

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Zero Knievel said:

And now you are expert in race bodywork. Mercy, please.

Decals were less than hundred bucks. About 2 hrs to apply.

Half decent paint job would be 200 bucks plus in material alone not including my labor and 3-4 trips to spray booth. 

Edited by tomek
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rockmeupto125 said:

I don't know what you mean by "million plus coach."

The bus with the trailer in the background, although you cannot see the the trailer. Easily in 1000000 $ plus territory. 

Some kid from Florida. Probably cartel money. 😁

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, The Krypt Keeper said:

Yes, cheap if you figure race body work runs from $700 to $1000 primer coated unpainted for normal and several thousand for carbon fiber.

Go take a look at sportbiketrackgear.com, everything is expendable in track riding. :lol:

That primer is worth shit. I've made a mistake on trusting Hot Bodies primer two truck bikes ago. Color coats kept sinking and it looked like shit.

You still gotta prime it with some decent epoxy primer before painting. Lottsa work. 

Or just throw wrap on it.😁

Edited by tomek