CBR1100XX.org Forum

SOLD - (Almost) Free to a good home...2002 Caponord

Like an older stray dog.. I have an older stray 2002 Caponord that needs saved from being put down.

2002. Silver. 44k miles. Givi top case, Leo V exhaust. New tires. Clean title. 

Runs. Shifts. Needs a whole clutch, needs fork seals. General loving. A squeeky ball and a bed to sleep on.

Its not busted up but its aged - faded dash and all that. 

Took it on trade but didnt want to lol. Not worth fixing up from a dealership point of view (think labor costs). But its not entirely worthless. If I send it to auction Im not sure I'd recoup my shipping costs after auction fees and all. 

Will take any offer over $100. Tax and titling are your concern (does have clean, clear, signed title). Can deliver to Denver to maybe SLC on one of my trips home.

Pics to follow.

Edited by racer212
  • Upvote 2

I was just lamenting the demise of my hitch hauler.  Thankfully, provenance intervened.  

I'm not a hoarder.  I'm not a hoarder.  I'm not a hoarder.

• Haha 1

...dang, a guy can't even take a nap around this honey pot.

Is it fly-n-ride ready, or trailer only?

"Runs. Shifts. Needs a whole clutch, needs fork seals. General loving. A squeeky ball and a bed to sleep on."

10 hours ago, rockmeupto125 said:

Do you have a shipper in your pocket or should I check uship?

My guy probably wont go as far as you need him to. More a regional guy.

pickup would be 845 Milligan Rd Idaho Falls ID 83402

Let me know.

i can perhaps drop it somewhere in Denver 5-15

My shipper is mostly a Pac NW guy. He'll go to California for me but so far wont go much each past Wyoming. 

Bike will absolutely move under its own power. It actually seems to run pretty decent. The clutch is its biggest hang up - literally. Its notchy AF and dis-engages-ish. I'm sure its gonna need a basket and all. Brakes are thin and need at least a good flush but do have pressure.

I seriously considered taking this home myself. I couldnt build the forks but a lot of the rest I could do and I could give its DaveK-esque detail. Reality is its a save-able unique-ish bike but not an investment piece - and I still have my R1200RS. You'll put 1-2k in it to have a bike not worth a lot more than that. Idk - maybe its a part out project for someone but I'd kinda hate that.

I am an Aprillia dealer so if part are available I can order them for you and stick them in the bags at shipping. Yes - I can store here or at my place. I wont be back in Denver till mid May but if theres a shipping terminal thats cheaper I can try and get it there when I go home.

Hell, just dump all your inventory on here, Joe can be our u-ship, and we'll pay him to deliver it around the country.

I need a side by side.  Or a ZX-14R.  Or both 🤣

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Furbird said:

Hell, just dump all your inventory on here, Joe can be our u-ship, and we'll pay him to deliver it around the country.

I need a side by side.  Or a ZX-14R.  Or both 🤣

Lol - I did try! 

10 hours ago, IcePrick said:

I'm not a hoarder.  I'm not a hoarder.  I'm not a hoarder.

8202.jpeg

Joe, try Semper Fi Haulers on U-Ship.  Or maybe I could find his personal info and you go direct, if you're serious I will look.  He moved my R5 from NJ to my driveway for $700.  Great guy, VERY well rigged trailer.

• Upvote 1

There's a kaxillion semper Fi businesses, let me know if you find some contact info. 

I haven't bought this. It's still up for grabs or if racer wants a project that's fine. I'm contingent on the cost of getting it across the country.  I'd pull a Hobie, but not on a bad clutch. 

12 hours ago, racer212 said:

He'll go to California

If the others become a dead end, I'll adopt it if the shipping isn't crazy.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, XXitanium said:

...and you're going to NeXXt...

Unfortunately this is looking 50/50 right now, but I'm gonna push for it.  Well, if Joe is still up for putting this together.  I did also look at a motorcycle a few hundred miles away, to fly in and ride from there instead of a car.  I can't remember all the options, but there are 2-3 within a reasonable day of riding.

• Upvote 1