CBR1100XX.org Forum

A quick and easy explanation of how diabetes T2 is primarily an animal fat disease, not carbs

2 hours ago, SwampNut said:

LOL, yeah.  It's well proven that grill char = inflammation, oxidation, and cancer.

Grilling can create cancer-causing chemicals

When cooking over high heat, especially an open flame, you are exposed to two main carcinogens: heterocyclic aromatic amines (HCAs) and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs). Studies show HCAs and PAHs cause changes in DNA that may increase the risk of cancer.

If they are "aromatic", doesn't that mean they have been "cooked off", as in can't hurt me?

Never mind.  I would still be breathing air which is also known to cause cancer.🙄 

2 hours ago, tomek said:

Generally speaking if something tastes great is probably not that great for you. 

Yeah, that sucks.  Pass the mashed potatoes and gravy, please.

54 minutes ago, jon haney said:

If they are "aromatic", doesn't that mean they have been "cooked off", as in can't hurt me?

No, not at all.  Are you making decisions based on such basic misunderstandings of chemistry?  I don't get your point.

Aromatic hydrocarbons are cyclic, planar compounds that resemble benzene in electronic configuration and chemical behavior. Benzene has the molecular formula C6H6 and is the simplest aromatic hydrocarbon. The carbon atoms in benzene are linked by six equivalent σ bonds and six π bonds.

I use race gas/castor oil blend to achieve the proper char cooking temperature, those aromatic hydrocarbons break the benzene planar compound bullshit and neutralize them.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, SwampNut said:

No, not at all.  Are you making decisions based on such basic misunderstandings of chemistry?  I don't get your point.

Aromatic hydrocarbons are cyclic, planar compounds that resemble benzene in electronic configuration and chemical behavior. Benzene has the molecular formula C6H6 and is the simplest aromatic hydrocarbon. The carbon atoms in benzene are linked by six equivalent σ bonds and six π bonds.

LOL.  That was actually a joke, but I did look up the definition(s) of "aromatic" before I posted, just in case.