CBR1100XX.org Forum

Recommends for LED Headlight Bulbs

rockmeupto125

i put gtr h7's in my blackbird and they're awesome.  fit was a bit fidly, with the retainer wire but, if some asshole refuses to dim their brights, i can see the color of their shirt!

auxito h7's in 2 mercedes (w210 & now w211) had a bit of scatter in the w211, that oncoming drivers let me know about, i've since lowered the aim a bit and i'm no longer the "asshole"...

Osram H7 led. Just came today. Things got much smaller. And that's good because there is absolutely, positively no room on VFR for cooling fins, etc

Would anyone like to know what "Osram" means in Polish?

17037332899941812958297333380395.jpg

I have been using SeaLights for about 5 or so years

Had them in my F150 (truck ate halogen bulbs and they sucked to replace)

Got them in my Ram 1500 and in my new F250 and Ram 2500

I use the shop doors at work, park about 15ft away inside where I can kills the shop lights as needed. Mark the cutoff line of the top of the beam with a dry erase marker or blue tape on the door using the oem lights. Install LED's bulbs and adjust the lights to that mark again and go down an extra 1/4" to 1/2" just incase if I have to travel with a transfer tank of fuel or a trailer from time to time. The LED's give plenty of light as it is so not really noticeable and not blinding anyone either.  I turned the ones down even further in my 2500 Ram as I felt they were too bright, never flashed at and that also has a tinted windshield. 

only downside if small cars, those little econo boxes. Their roofline barely comes up to my hood and I am sure their retinas are burning as the lights are directly level with their head. I do my best to either stop away from them or move to one side to not give them a full blast of Hiroshima. 

I suggest checking at https://www.ford-trucks.com to see what people's experiences are with that truck's lights and led.  Some lens/reflector shapes don't like LED.  The adjustable LEDs 'should' let you make them work well, but I don't know for sure.  My buddy put some in his '08 F-350 and the beam was scattered, but I don't know if he actually tried to adjust them in any sort of a smart way.

Yeah, I've done the online searches and Ford forums.  There's so much whiney-ass unsubstantiated opinion out there. 

*Don't use LED, it's criminal, your beam will hot-spot and kill someone.

*The only way to go is to change the headlight to a projector.

*TheSe R grAtz, I luV da blUe liGhT.

*The beam is so scattered with the LED bulbs that I can hardly see.

*The beam is perfect. I've been using LED bulbs since 1969 and have never been flashed even once.

*Don't get them from XXXX they sent the wrong ones just because I put the wrong year down.

*Here's a link to my video about how to change the taillight bulbs.

And on...and on.  There's a few recommends, but nothing consistent.  That's why I come here...for information I can trust.

13 minutes ago, rockmeupto125 said:

There's so much whiney-ass unsubstantiated opinion out there. 

Add to that, the people who have no clue whether the new beam is clean or not, and the people who are HAPPY to be blinding everyone else.

One brand I have used successfully as retrofit is "Pathfinder."  But these China brands come and go.  The one I was going to recommend to you as my last purchase, for the XX, is gone.

I looked up the Osram and was amazed, delighted, and frankly surprised at the price until I realized Google interprets "LED" as "halogen."  Once I found the real thing, they were more in the price area I expected.

I found a screaming deal on the Sealights which had consistently good reviews. So we'll see how that goes.

• 3 weeks later...

Between prime and a coupon these were about $50 as I recall. 

20240112_115918.jpg

I don't think that 4 of the incandescent bulbs that were in it would produce this much light. There is some scatter, and the cutoff isn't sharp, but I haven't been flashed yet. If they last they will have been a worthwhile investment. Had to wait to put them on until I got the truck inspected, upgrades to direct lighting systems not allowed.:rolleyes:

Well, there are huge differences between brands. Phillips on the left, Sealight on the right. 

Light elements in Phillips are exactly like in conventional halogen bulb. H11 in this particular case. I got them for my Volvo. Even with traditional light bulb low and high beams are very good. But it is 2024 and gotta upgrade to LEDs. Light pattern is exactly the same, and headlights went from very good to phenomenal. Not blinding anyone, I actually had my wife drive my car and I drove her, we went head on etc,  just to be sure. I did not have to readjust shit. Just simple swap. 

I decided to go full Monty and upgrade all 3, low, high and fog. Phillips are on pricey side, around 50 bucks, so got cheap sealights for fogs, but have not installed them because 10 below fahrenheit. 

Will report later. But Phillips H11s are excellent. 

17053311943337740900795436668298.jpg

17053312214201172654733487484420.jpg