CBR1100XX.org Forum

SOLD: Pretty Good Truck in Pennsylvania

Pretty good truck for the price....at least in these parts.  Listed on Facebook for $4000, and you guys get the family discount.

I really like my blue 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, but it's not what I need right now, and one of the things I need is more space in my driveway.

The quick read: 2011 Silverado 1500 extended cab, 6.5ft bed, 5.3 with electronic 4WD and 3.73 rear axle.  Has the trailer package but with drum rear brakes. 252k miles and runs well. Well optioned. Body is steadily rusting like most northeast vehicles but it doesn't look too bad.  Did I sway well optioned?  Will collaborate on delivery.  Good work truck or winter beater.  Thought I would at least offer it up here, maybe it's just what someone is looking for at the moment. Oh, and the Toyo winter tires are nearly new.

• rockmeupto125 changed the title to SOLD: Pretty Good Truck in Pennsylvania
  • 5 weeks later...

Was he pissed about it, or just sharing what he'd found?

You lucked out, just one more month and that could have been your problem.  I'd say that I'm shocked he didn't inspect it before buying, but I've sold several cars to people that didn't inspect or take a drive before handing over the $.

I had one that didn't even open the car door.  He and his buddy walked around the car a few times and looked through the windows, then handed me the asking price.  He had about an hour drive home and as he was about to start it he asked "is it ok on the freeway, it doesn't overheat or anything?"  "It drives fine at any speed, no issues, and you can enjoy the A/C."  "Oh wow, it actually works?"

Pretty good for the price. He ended up paying 3g, $500 more than friends and family price.  He looked underneath.  There IS metal there, and there was no flex in the upper mount when he bought it.  It's a common repair in this area, should cost around $200.  Easier to do with the bed off, but surprised he pulled it anyway because when you do that you break all the rusted bolts that hold it on.  Bottom line is that I decided to sell the truck before it became my problem. Similar trucks list for $5000, and I'll admit I lied in my original post...I had intended to list it on FB the same day I posted it here, but ran out of time, got busy, etc and didn't list it on FB until the last week of the year. He was here the same day I listed it with the deposit.  That tells me it was priced appropriately.  I give a lot of stuff away, at least with this one I got a little money back towards expenses.

He wasn't po'ed, just sharing.  He still owed me $200, I told him to keep it and put it toward the repair so that made it $3000,  I still have extra wheels, tires, and accessories he hasn't picked up yet. 

Taillight warranty yes, but he's a neighbor a couple blocks over and if he really had a problem, I'd buy it back (minus transfer and taxes).  But he looked at it and under it and isn't a mechanical idiot.

On 2/4/2024 at 12:17 PM, rockmeupto125 said:

Taillight warranty yes, but he's a neighbor a couple blocks over and if he really had a problem, I'd buy it back

That's pretty much how I look at all the vehicles I sell, and most are going to total strangers far away.