CBR1100XX.org Forum

Site problems

Can't click through pages anymore. Can't imbed without error message. Can't search.

Can only view topics on first page of any section. Anyone having these issues?

All posts in this forum must be approved.  We left it open to anyone to post without an account, so of course it gets spam.  I haven't seen any reports of issues from anyone else, and lots of posts are showing up.  So I recommend the typical user-level web browser troubleshooting.

Reboot.

Log out, close browser, restart it, log in.

Clear cache/cookies in the browser.

Try another browser.

Something happened in the past few days. I now get a message saying the site is insecure and do I want to continue.

I click yes and proceed. I can reply but I cannot click like, bullshit, crackhead, Award, upvote.

Something on my end ? Here's what I get ---- Sorry, there was a problem reacting to this content.

Edit: I just posted a YT link in Jeff's fasted motorcycle thread and got rejected. I paused. 5 seconds later, it posted. I did nothing. Hmmm odd.

Edited by CALCXX

2 hours ago, CALCXX said:

I click yes and proceed. I can reply but I cannot click like, bullshit, crackhead, Award, upvote.

Something on my end ? Here's what I get ---- Sorry, there was a problem reacting to this content.

That happened on my phone the other day but have never happened on my computer which I use to view this site 99.5% of the time so I thought it was just a phone thing.

9 hours ago, CALCXX said:

Something happened in the past few days. I now get a message saying the site is insecure and do I want to continue.

Same for me but signing out and back in on the forum plus rebooting my machine seemed to have fixed it.

10 hours ago, CBR-RR-XX-CESS said:

Same for me but signing out and back in on the forum plus rebooting my machine seemed to have fixed it.

I do that everyday. Didn't help.

And I must now go back to the original post to select another page of the same thread. Can no longer go forward or back after reading all the posts on that page.

Behaving odd at my house.

On 10/16/2023 at 8:02 PM, CALCXX said:

I do that everyday. Didn't help.

And I must now go back to the original post to select another page of the same thread. Can no longer go forward or back after reading all the posts on that page.

Behaving odd at my house.

mine is doing the same thing

10 hours ago, XXitanium said:

The search function won't let me find the motorcycle parts shipped and packed in ghey pron mags.

8O

Search is borked, and has been, and the software vendor basically says "yeah try this but it may not work" and then stops helping.  I'm going to try starting another support request with them again.  Or just run a re-index and see if it helps.  For sure, any three letter search is just going to fail.

• Upvote 1

fwiw, I tried with Safari instead of Chrome and all works well on my Mac Catalina 10.15.7

Chrome is fukin me and I didn't even get a dinner or a movie.

Now that I think about it. Chrome even wants me to pay for the movie.

Edited by CALCXX

Still having problems with the site. Forward arrow won't work to view other pages.

Search won't work.

Hadn't been able to insert images, but currently working.

Can't imbed video 

5 hours ago, XXBirdSlapper said:

Still having problems with the site. Forward arrow won't work to view other pages.

Search won't work.

Hadn't been able to insert images, but currently working.

Can't imbed video 

Have you tried different browsers?

And also all this?  And it looks like there's a thread with a video you posted (I didn't view it, but thought it was a video)?

Reboot.

Log out, close browser, restart it, log in.

Clear cache/cookies in the browser.

Try another browser.

On 10/25/2023 at 10:35 AM, SwampNut said:

I have no way to know if this means you didn't try all that, which was the question, or you mean that you did and it didn't help.

Tried all that, it didn't help. Recently some functionality has returned

• 1 month later...
On 10/19/2023 at 2:46 PM, CALCXX said:

fwiw, I tried with Safari instead of Chrome and all works well

I recently had the same problems Slapper did when I used Crome so I went back to Safari.

• Upvote 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

Terms of Use