CBR1100XX.org Forum

1156 & 1157 amber bulbs

I am cleaning out my garage a bit and found a box that has a bunch of left over stuff from when I was a Clear Alternatives distributor. 
I still speak with Tobin, the owner occasionally. They are no more.
I have 14 amber 1157 bulbs and 6 1156 amber bulbs that I am about to throw in the garbage. 
Three of the 1156 (single element) bulbs are the Titanium or some called them chrome bulbs. Back in the day they sold for $10 a piece, now pretty much worthless.
Anyone have a need for bulbs that is worth the shipping cost?
They probably are more expensive to mail than to buy new ones but thought I would offer them up before garbage pickup tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

If nobody chimes in with an immediate use/strong desire for them I'll put them in my bulb box to use as needed.  I still work on old stuff so they'd eventually find homes.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, blackhawkxx said:

Can I still buy the chrome bulbs for my Clear Alternatives lights?  I can never force myself to throw good stuff away.  It must be from hanging around farmers in my youth.

The Chrome bulbs are 1156 (single element) and only work in the rear signals. The front signals take 1157 dual element bulbs that I do not have in chrome.

If you can use a pair of the 1156 bulbs I will be happy to send them to you for postage.
The rest will go to Oscar.

2 hours ago, John01XX said:

The Chrome bulbs are 1156 (single element) and only work in the rear signals. The front signals take 1157 dual element bulbs that I do not have in chrome.

If you can use a pair of the 1156 bulbs I will be happy to send them to you for postage.
The rest will go to Oscar.

I have the C.A. front signals and rear tail light but not the rear signals.  So I take it that I can't use them?

Just now, blackhawkxx said:

I have the C.A. front signals and rear tail light but not the rear signals.  So I take it that I can't use them?

Th ethree chrome bulbs are 1156 single element bulbs that are used in the rear signals. The front signals take 1157 dual element bulbs

4 hours ago, blackhawkxx said:

Looks like the Ca guy gets them but it is great of you thinking of us.

Don't you fret.  I'm gonna mark them up 50% and put them up for sale here so you still have a shot at them!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, blackhawkxx said:

Can I still buy the chrome bulbs for my Clear Alternatives lights?  I can never force myself to throw good stuff away.  It must be from hanging around farmers in my youth.

I spent many a summer day at my friend’s little dairy farm, straightening out used nails under the watchful eye of his grandpa. And I still have my mason hammer for cleaning off brick. Still use that bastard.

• Like 1