CBR1100XX.org Forum

XX parts availibility

silverbird1100

I'd be hard pressed to buy another XX.  I love it, but that it's no longer in production does mean serious repairs will require ingenuity in finding them someplace other than Honda or creating a workaround.  I know plastics can be an issue, but we have racing plastics that can work in a pinch, and some places can repair/restore damaged panels for less than the price of a new one.

The XX is a fairly bulletproof bike, so if it can be fixed, it'll keep running.

Honda still offers quite a few "wear item" parts for the Bird, plus there is plenty of aftermarket help, as well for those wear items.  For parts that don't normally wear out, there is Ebay.  Do yourself a favor, and go for a fuel injected model.  Carbs suck, and "old" carbs suck more..........or less. :-)

29 minutes ago, blackhawkxx said:

I never have the FI light shining at me and I will never my fuel pump or FPR go bad.;)

I never have either.  No, really.

Okay, I changed the FPR before it went bad.:P

11 hours ago, Aunt Sylvia said:

I'd be hard pressed to buy another XX.  I love it, but that it's no longer in production does mean serious repairs will require ingenuity in finding them someplace other than Honda or creating a workaround.  I know plastics can be an issue, but we have racing plastics that can work in a pinch, and some places can repair/restore damaged panels for less than the price of a new one.

The XX is a fairly bulletproof bike, so if it can be fixed, it'll keep running.

I can't think of a single part one would need that's not available as new OEM, aftermarket, or used; no work arounds needed.  If going on ebay requires ingenuity you have bigger problems than I thought.

• Upvote 1

The only OEM obsolete part I have ran across is 2001 and older fuel tanks. Last I checked all OEM bodywork is available.

You won't find it that good with Kawasaki. Not long ago my foot slipped on frost coated grass standing still, and my 2012 ZX14R fell over. All I needed was a right hand lower body panel in Metallic Spark Black, but it was already obsolete. Luckily I found a new one on Ebay. Thought about getting rid of it until I got over it.