CBR1100XX.org Forum

Tire plug kits

CBR-RR-XX-CESS

I looked for one at WAL-MART yesterday when I picked up a inner tube for the dirt bike. Couldn't find a single one of them. I'm going to try Advanced auto or another automotive type shop for one.

My plugs are the tarred-string type from Wal-Mart. I carry the combo CO2/pump inflator by...damn, forgot the name, and my bike is 2200 miles away right now. Anyway my favorite dealer had them in stock for about $25 I think. Also sold at bicycle shops.

I have the Progressive kit, too.

Nice and small, comes in a plastic case that you can fit under the seat beside the tool kit and it's equipped with mushroom plugs, a reamer, and CO2 bottles for inflation.

i think carlos and i have the same inflator. its called the second wind IH by genuine innovations. it takes all sizes of threaded or non-threaded co2 cartridges, and doubles as a hand pump if you run out of co2.

and i carry the tar-string plugs and a small tube of glue. you dont have to use glue with these plugs but it acts as a lube and really makes it easier to insert the plug.

a tar string plug is a piece of string with some sticky shit on it. they are normally about 3"-4" long but longer sizes are available. when you buy a kit you get some plugs, a reamer, insertion tool and tube of glue. they are only for use on tubeless tires.

a tar string plug is a piece of string with some sticky shit on it. they are normally about 3"-4" long but longer sizes are available.

That's what the hell that was I pulled out this morning. :shock:

Rich

a tar string plug is a piece of string with some sticky shit on it. they are normally about 3"-4" long but longer sizes are available.

You also just described a tampon.

Rich, what was it that you pulled it out of? Did it bleed? :)