CBR1100XX.org Forum

Flaking paint?

PGA XX

Has anyone experienced their wheel paint flaking? I was cleaning my wheels this morning and a chip turned much larger :mad: !!!! It peeled like a scab. I dabbed some black paint on it for now. I don't want to polish the wheels as I like the '02 silver on black rims look. Would this be covered under my Hondacare Warranty?

It is the front wheel. I did have Galfer lines put on the front. Not sure if they got fluid on the paint or not. I assumed it was a chip from a rock or something. As I went over w/ the terry towel it flaked up. I shit my pants. It's pretty small, so I just put some touch-up paint on it.

Now that I think of it, I do have these three or four tiny spots on my new Givi windscreen, and one on my tachometer. Maybe they were splahing fluid around like a bunch of dumbasses. :mad: I could have done that in my garage. That's why I took it them, because I would fuck it up. :sad:

It seems I've noticed a bunch of shit lately. :???: I'm not sure if these are trivial or not, because it doesn't bother me when I'm on the bike right?

All i know is that I didn't get brake fluid on it,

what the monkeys that put it together at the dealer did

i have no idea ........... I was kind or scared to let them change the wheel, but i ;ve had it on and off 2 or 3 times

since so they must have done okay.