CBR1100XX.org Forum

Price (installed on bike) for the Avon 45/46 combo

Hookman49

Ok, what do you think. My tire guy can get me the new Avon's installed on my bike (just bring him the bike) $275. Do you think that is a decent price?

Ken

Ok, what do you think. My tire guy can get me the new Avon's installed on my bike (just bring him the bike) $275. Do you think that is a decent price?

Ken

Go for it, IMO.

Hugo

if thats mounted and balanced then where do I sign up. Don't laugh I've been to smaller bike shops where they just mount the tire. they dont worry about balancing them. :shock: Makes me wonder who I will take my bike to.

i just went to find out the same number, my shop will do it for $307. (tires on bike, etc) this same shop always gives me great deals on parts.

(i'm going to see if they can check out my slightly warped rotor while their at it for no extra charge.)

so i say, go for it!

I paid approx. $240 for both tires, including the shipping cost.

$32 for old tire removal and new tire mounting (including a disposal fee for the old tires)

$15 for spin balancing both tires and wheels.

I took the wheels off of the bike and put them back on, didn't take the bike in to a shop.

Total cost was approx: $287.......and about a half a day of my time.