CBR1100XX.org Forum

Scam or smokin` deal?!

Even tho it looks very goofy I say legit until proven otherwise. If I were at all close I'd jump at it. Just realized I have a friend in Tx and I think he's not far from Huston. Calling in the morning.

I paid a lot more than that for my 97' bird with 19k on it. It was around 11 y.o. at the time. That's way too little for the bike. The current owner probably meant he turned the odometer to 1800. I'd charge $3000 due to the low mileage. For that price, and assuming its legit- I'd upgrade the suspension, put light weight cans on it, and I wouldn't need to look at anymore sport bikes.

If the mileage and condition are legit $3K is still cheap.

People give stuff away all the time, some knowing, some not. I've seen a few 'too good' deals that were legit. When I've asked "why so cheap" they often say "it's old, it can't be worth much" when they never checked to see what it was worth. Some people just sell cheap to not deal with waiting for a buyer or playing with 20 tire kickers, some don't much care about the money and others because they're desperate. I got good deals on both my birds, not quite as smokin as this deal, but they did have some issues that weren't in their ads.

• Upvote 1

Or they see a 15 year old bike and think that's the price to ask. They perhaps aren't in need of money, or are really a motorcycle type person. So go look at it, run the VIN, look for tell tale issues, and snag an awesome deal. OR... report that there is hidden damage or the frame doesn't match the engine (blah blah blah).