CBR1100XX.org Forum

Air pressure gauge

blackhawkxx

I am looking for a new digital tire air pressure gauge for my bikes and vehicles and after reading many reviews, I am not sure what to get. I don't want one with a hose as they seem to take both hands and are harder to use. I was almost sold on the Roadgear one but the reviews say that it doesn't work in the cold. The Accutire ones have many bad reviews. So what are you guys using or recommend that isn't too much cash?

I've used a few cheapos and they all worked fine. Somewhere around here I have a talking one, fun toy mostly but might be handy if you can't see the display for any reason. If it's for home use I'd get one with a clip-on hose and inlet; clip it on, view pressure while airing up, remove. Digital is nice, till the battery dies. Analog is always ready to use.

I am not a digital fan, I use tire gauges often for home and work.

The nicer more accurate gauges are bulky for most tank bags. I have 3 pencil style gauges I rotate from tank bag to tool box, they are within a pound of my psi range I use them for.

If you want a decent tire gauge for your tool box look at ones that are in your psi range. 25 - 50

A gauge that goes from 0 - 100 are rarely accurate

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006O2S0U?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01

I use this one from Amazon. Yeah it has a hose, but it fits in a tank bag because you can roll up the hose. At this stage, I want reliable readings over something "small" or "one-handed".

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012TYTH8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00

Get this with it for added protection.

I had two Harbor Freight dial type air pressure gauges. One with a hose, which was nice where disc brakes on the bike make accessing the valve stem difficult for anyone with hands larger than third grade size. The othe a compact unit. Both had bleed valves and were nicely accurate.

Both broke after extremely limited usage.

I would love quality versions of both for the roll arround. Unfortunately I havent had time to sift through the detritous to find something of better than Chinese junk quality.....

Moroso decent for everyday use shade tree mechanic, bro in law uses one for tractor pulls to adjust for track conditions.

Intercomp your tire pressure is serious business

Longacre you are so anal that you find spending $300 on a tire gauge a deal

Accutire yeah there is air in the time, somewhere around 30 to 35 ballpark

Tireslime yeah think the same 5yr old Chinese boy made it, his brother makes the digital accutire gauges next door

I have a good dial gauge with hose that I got years ago when I was drag racing cars. I check a lot of tires often and find it a pain to use compared to a digital and really like the lighted ones as I don't operate during the hours that most do.